1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Occurred to me that I have a "stand-up" single MG 42 mount somewhere. I got it at Knob Creek from one of the bigger vendors along the right side of the "lower-road" of vendors. Copes???...... Seems it was kind of pricey.........anyway, I have never used it, prefer the sit down versions. Kinda interested in getting rid of it........any demand?? value???

My Mother saved a #300 (???) Fisher anvil from her father-in-laws blacksmith shop 40-50 years ago....it was old then....want to get rid of that too......any idea of value???

I also have a "drop-tank" (???), I am reasonably sure it is from Viet-Nam era. I got it from a dis-banding Vets organization in Ohio. About 12ft long, 18" dia., bomb shaped, has hollow sheet metal fins, general construction is sheetmetal. Original olive-drab paint has Viet-Nam vets names on. Idea on value???

I have a new email, but I cant figure out how to change it on this site..........

PJH

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Take a look at anvilfire.com for prices on comparable new anvils. You likely have a treasure there depending on composition and condition.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mount/Anvil

OK...........is the AA mount a bit of a light wt. tripod??? If so, what I have must be for a vehicle as it is heavy, robust sort of gadget.......has an ammo box mounted sideways on it. I am trying to replace Donnas '63 car gastank today......found a couple holes after sandblast. When I get that in hand, I will dig the mount out.................

$3.00 per pound sounds like a reasonable way to do that........the few similar I found on Ebay were $1900, $3200 & $6000. or close to that.....none were what I have.

PJH

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MG mount.......

I checked both the links, neither are what I have. When I get the gas tank sandblasted & painted tomorrow, I will go looking for it. I have a new computer that doesnt recognize my camera. My "guru' is only available Thursday afternoon to cure that.

PJH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts