1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All-

Yesterday I took my Semi Auto M1919A6 to see if it function properly before I send the gun out to get Parkerize. I had the M1919A6 parts kit, bipod, T & E, and Tripod laying around the house for about five years. I finally found the time to bring them all together. Still have to do some minor polishing. Some of the folks down the range thought it was a blast to shoot bowling pins at 100 yards. I was rather surprised how accurate the gun could be. I did not have any M2 Ball so I used National Match reloads, they also shot great!! No real malfunctions!! I could not keep the other shooters away from the gun. Everyone was fighting to see who was next. I am in the process of putting to together a 7.62mm NATO conversion kit for the M1919A6. I am just waiting for a complete 7.62mm NATO Top Cover. That should be a blast, too.

M1919A6 Parts Kit $350.00
M2 Tripod $225.00
T&E $150.00
Pintle Mount $50.00
Machining Internal Parts $210.00
80% RSP from Daves100 $120.00
Blasting Bowling Pins Priceless

fjruple

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,161 Posts
Pictures! We need Pictures! ;)

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, all of my pics are 396k and I can't get to post on the board due to their size. Any ideas on reducing them to a manageable size without having to create new accounts on photobucket, etc.?

·
Registered
864 Posts
If you have WinXP, then just get the "Image Resizer" from the below URL (it's a Microsoft tool). Once you install it, you can just right-click any image file and a resize option will be in the menu.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp

If you don't have WinXP, see below:

Resizing Images

Download and install Ifanview at the below URL (it's free).

To Resize a Single Image:
1. Open IfanView and in the menu at the top, click on "file" and then "open" and find the picture you want to resize and open it. The image should now be in the infanview image viewer.

2. Now look at the top of the screen and in the menu click on "image", then "resize/resample". In the menu box that opens, make sure "resize method" is set to "resample-better quality" (this eliminates jaggies). In the selection boxes on the right side of the menu, check the image size you want to resize to and click "ok". The image should resize. Now, in the top menu, click "file" and "save", and save to your hard drive under a new name, or overwrite the old image using the same name.

To Perform a Resize on Numerous Image Files:

1. Put all the pictures/images you want to resize into one folder.

2. Open IFanView and in the menu at the top, click “file” and “batch conversion/rename”.

3. In the top-right area on the menu, click on “look-in” and direct the path to the folder that has all the pictures in it you want to resize.

4. Click “set advanced options” to set the image resolution resize (800x600 is good for message boards), and also MAKE SURE AND check the box “use resample function [better quality]” in the menu (this eliminates jaggies). Click “OK” to close this window out.

5. Now click “add all” to select all the pictures from the folder to resize. They should now appear in the left-hand box.

6. Then click “use this directory as output” and add to the end of the folder path “small rez”. This is the directory of the images, but will add a folder named “small rez” that contains the resized images. (example: C:---Documents and Settings---57Strat---Desktop---Pictures---Foldersmall rez).

7. Now click “start”.

8. The resized images are now located in the “small rez folder” (apply complete folder path + “small rez”).

http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pictures of Test Firing

Sorry folks for not getting back to you but I've been on a business trip without access to my personal computer. Well, here goes four pictures from the testing. Additionally, I've got the last of my parts to complete the 7.62 NATO conversion. I am hoping to get the range in the next several weeks to conduct that test firing.

Enjoy!!

fjruple

1 - 7 of 7 Posts