1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been experiencing some unusually cold weather in Texas and are having rolling black outs, seems like it was 70 degrees last week, you guys up north might think its funny we got 6" of snow and ice and EVERYTHING shuts down.

I will take our hot Texas summers over the cold winters you guys have up north anytime. Just watching this hurts my old bones

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
yeah, that saying that Texicans are tough, is just myth, when it comes down to it, you guys are all just big pu**ies

a couple of years ago I went down to Whoston in February to visit a friend who decided to make Texico his home, god knows why he would do a stupid thing like tha.........the temp got to 40 degrees or there about, not really cold........my god you thought the world ended, everything was shut down, and there was one of those emergency broadcast announcements on TV, seemed like every hour, about the cold, and breaking news about the cold. all I could do was laugh, laugh and laugh.

I went out on his patio in just a tee-shirt to smoke....he come out bundled up like admiral Byrd on his polar expedition, I about fell out the chair laughing so hard

when I asked my friend to check what the temp is in Cleveland........he came back with "it's 1 degree"
I immediate came back with, "if that was the temp here all these texicans would be committing suicide, up there 40 degrees would be a tropical heat wave for February"

if we get 6" of snow, it's not even worth my effort to even start up the snow thrower to clear my driveway, and I have a CHEVY CRUZ

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
You need more solar and wind power. Get rid of those nuclear plants, gas plants and and evil hydro stuff. that way you can all plug in your new electric cars too. Who needs a base loaded plant to hold the grid up. 60 hz is for pussies - rin your house on 56 hz, and say 94 VAC. wht could go wrong with your electrical stuff ?

·
Registered
179 Posts
My gal and I were just debating if we should have our dinner on the patio.....

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
A buddy of mine left NY to TX about 5 years ago. Hes currently without power, his water pipes are frozen and his generator isnt running real well. Hes pretty pissed as leaving this kind of weather is one of the reasons he left NY in the first place. Its funny how climates differ. Here in central NY we are supposed to be getting 5-10 inches of snow between midnight and 5 am. Most of us are like -' meh, Ill need an extra 15 minutes to get to work tomorrow'.....But the MINUTE it goes above 85 degrees in this state, EVERYONE starts whining about the heat. Me......Ill take 95 degrees over 35 degrees any day of the week!!!!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
dang, the entire state is doing "rolling blackouts"..........the entire grid is really, really screwed up in Texico......... it's either that or they have to let those hamsters in the wheel take more breaks

·
Registered
241 Posts
Deleted for etiquette sake.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Well heck it looks like I planned that trip[ with Dolf perfectly because it was 75-78 while I was there and just missed all that BS. I spoke with him yesterday and he said it was only 7 degrees the day before which is darn cold for Texas! We are used to it up here but I still don't like it and may actually have to put on more than a fleece today?

·
11,962 Posts
One little snow storm abs now all these Proud Independent Lone Star Texans sure seem to be looking at the federal government to help them out.

So it goes

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Said it before - I want the climate returned to the way it was 15-20,000 years ago. that way, there would be a glacier 1000 feet thick where I live, and most of the northern tier of the US would be snow and Ice covered. FL would be twice the size it is now, Ocean levels hundreds of feet lower, and the southern states would look like ND. OR like it was about 5 million years ago - central US covered by a shallow ocean, CA and FL under water up to the mountains, and the entire planet looking like the amazon. We can only blame the primitive humans for all the climate change, so they should be banned and their facebook accounts closed. We could all move to the north african continent- which was a lush water / lake covered forested area as little as 10,000 years ago. Not the barren sandy desert it is today. Again - must be the fault of proto humans. NOT the natural cycles and changes that the planet goes through.

The ignorance and hubris of the leftists who have adopted the religion of "climate change" an think that they can really do ANYTHING to impact the planets natural cycles is amazing. One good sized Volcano puts more harmful chemicals into the environment than all mans cars, but no one wants to toss AL Gore into the volcano to stop the eruptions ?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts