1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
yeah, that saying that Texicans are tough, is just myth, when it comes down to it, you guys are all just big pu**ies

a couple of years ago I went down to Whoston in February to visit a friend who decided to make Texico his home, god knows why he would do a stupid thing like tha.........the temp got to 40 degrees or there about, not really cold........my god you thought the world ended, everything was shut down, and there was one of those emergency broadcast announcements on TV, seemed like every hour, about the cold, and breaking news about the cold. all I could do was laugh, laugh and laugh.

I went out on his patio in just a tee-shirt to smoke....he come out bundled up like admiral Byrd on his polar expedition, I about fell out the chair laughing so hard

when I asked my friend to check what the temp is in Cleveland........he came back with "it's 1 degree"
I immediate came back with, "if that was the temp here all these texicans would be committing suicide, up there 40 degrees would be a tropical heat wave for February"

if we get 6" of snow, it's not even worth my effort to even start up the snow thrower to clear my driveway, and I have a CHEVY CRUZ

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
got to love depending on wind and sun power instead of electric generation from fossil or atomic fuel. When will people learn?

Actually, most of the missing power is from fossil fuel plants. Energy sector of course is buzzing about Texas, with many ill-informed statements.

A major snow storm takes out power lines, and disables gas pressure, which can have a ripple effect into neighboring areas that are just fine. That’s what happens when networks have a low resilience.

Having multiple, unrelated sources including solar, wind, fossils, and nuke is the best scenario one could ask for. Problem is they all supply over the same distribution network. It’s like having multiple bank accounts but one card, and you just lost the card.

Diving deeper, note that even with multiple power sources, a significant event can also expose weaknesses in more than one. So they may appear independent and redundant, and suffer different faults, but they all are damaged.

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
If that is true then they got what they deserved albeit the customers are the ones that ultimately pay. Hard to believe they choose money over people, say it ain't so :rolleyes:

·
BeltFed GURU
4,399 Posts
I am on a Rural Electrical Co Op ,i actually own a share of it as a member . We have our own gen facilities ,lines the whole thing and we are not part of the national grid system 😝😝. It is part of living way out in fly over land suckers 😝😝. Not only that but i get a cut of the profit every year when we make a profit !!

·
11,947 Posts
Well, you know this did happen on Presidents day.
in an area that have been removed from federal regulation for decades.

and last piece hat i read said that the wind generation only provides about 10% of the areas electric during winter.

·
11,947 Posts
As a matter of fact - yes it is. Do some reading and learn about climate change.
But but but that’s just the danged lefties who bought and paid for all the scientists. It’s just another card in the giant conspiracy deck Thats set up to take advantage of the conservative way of life!!!!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Cow farts are the downfall of human kind!!! 😂😂😂 I really can’t take reading about climate change seriously when scientists are studying cow farts... Want to really help? Keep California from catching on fire.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Cow farts are the downfall of human kind!!! 😂😂😂 I really can’t take reading about climate change seriously when scientists are studying cow farts... Want to really help? Keep California from catching on fire.
There is a diary farm nearby here that have green cows.. Fair Oaks.. that collects cow farts and poop gas and uses it to heat their barns and run their generators...

·
Registered
552 Posts
But but but that’s just the danged lefties who bought and paid for all the scientists. It’s just another card in the giant conspiracy deck Thats set up to take advantage of the conservative way of life!!!!
Yeah, AMAZING how those clever "lefties"got the ENTIRE WORLD'S Scientists and climatologists all in on it!

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Generac 20KW generator that runs on propane,4" water well....and leave me alone. With 13-acre woods and 2-wood burners for back-up, I just shutter to think of all those folks who depend on gov't to take care of them.
May God have mercy on those folks...and hope they wake up soon.

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Said it before - I want the climate returned to the way it was 15-20,000 years ago. that way, there would be a glacier 1000 feet thick where I live, and most of the northern tier of the US would be snow and Ice covered. FL would be twice the size it is now, Ocean levels hundreds of feet lower, and the southern states would look like ND. OR like it was about 5 million years ago - central US covered by a shallow ocean, CA and FL under water up to the mountains, and the entire planet looking like the amazon. We can only blame the primitive humans for all the climate change, so they should be banned and their facebook accounts closed. We could all move to the north african continent- which was a lush water / lake covered forested area as little as 10,000 years ago. Not the barren sandy desert it is today. Again - must be the fault of proto humans. NOT the natural cycles and changes that the planet goes through.

The ignorance and hubris of the leftists who have adopted the religion of "climate change" an think that they can really do ANYTHING to impact the planets natural cycles is amazing. One good sized Volcano puts more harmful chemicals into the environment than all mans cars, but no one wants to toss AL Gore into the volcano to stop the eruptions ?
Continentional configuration, Milankovitch Cycles... there's a lot to this climate thing. Don't worry MG08, the glaciers will be back in a few thousand years. Thank heaven we all get to live during an interglacial period of our permanant ice age climate. 700,000 years of ice cores confirm it. What's most amusing to me is that there are only a few plant species that remain from those that covered the earth 60 to 80 million years ago. There is no longer enough carbon in the atmosphere to sustain them. Back then the average global temperature was several degrees warmer than it is now, and there was over five times more carbon in the atmosphere. Who knew the dinosaurs had SUVs.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Looks like things things are warming up for Texans, Thank you guys for all the comments and kind words.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts