1919 A4 Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah, that saying that Texicans are tough, is just myth, when it comes down to it, you guys are all just big pu**ies

a couple of years ago I went down to Whoston in February to visit a friend who decided to make Texico his home, god knows why he would do a stupid thing like tha.........the temp got to 40 degrees or there about, not really cold........my god you thought the world ended, everything was shut down, and there was one of those emergency broadcast announcements on TV, seemed like every hour, about the cold, and breaking news about the cold. all I could do was laugh, laugh and laugh.

I went out on his patio in just a tee-shirt to smoke....he come out bundled up like admiral Byrd on his polar expedition, I about fell out the chair laughing so hard

when I asked my friend to check what the temp is in Cleveland........he came back with "it's 1 degree"
I immediate came back with, "if that was the temp here all these texicans would be committing suicide, up there 40 degrees would be a tropical heat wave for February"

if we get 6" of snow, it's not even worth my effort to even start up the snow thrower to clear my driveway, and I have a CHEVY CRUZ
We here in Texas will remember this next summer while sitting under our air conditioning while you are complaining about the heat that you are not prepared for.

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
I heard it was snowing again in San Antonio today? At least it will be warm next week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well heck it looks like I planned that trip[ with Dolf perfectly because it was 75-78 while I was there and just missed all that BS. I spoke with him yesterday and he said it was only 7 degrees the day before which is darn cold for Texas! We are used to it up here but I still don't like it and may actually have to put on more than a fleece today?

·
11,947 Posts
While we armchair pontificate about the policies and reasons for failure, we still feel badly for all those who are suffering because of decisions they had no part in.

I hope you folks were able to stay warm abs come out unscathed

·
Registered
3 Posts
yeah, that saying that Texicans are tough, is just myth, when it comes down to it, you guys are all just big pu**ies

a couple of years ago I went down to Whoston in February to visit a friend who decided to make Texico his home, god knows why he would do a stupid thing like tha.........the temp got to 40 degrees or there about, not really cold........my god you thought the world ended, everything was shut down, and there was one of those emergency broadcast announcements on TV, seemed like every hour, about the cold, and breaking news about the cold. all I could do was laugh, laugh and laugh.

I went out on his patio in just a tee-shirt to smoke....he come out bundled up like admiral Byrd on his polar expedition, I about fell out the chair laughing so hard

when I asked my friend to check what the temp is in Cleveland........he came back with "it's 1 degree"
I immediate came back with, "if that was the temp here all these texicans would be committing suicide, up there 40 degrees would be a tropical heat wave for February"

if we get 6" of snow, it's not even worth my effort to even start up the snow thrower to clear my driveway, and I have a CHEVY CRUZ
FUNNY!
I happened to take my Army training at Ft. Polk, LA in late '69 and early '70 which was unusually cold for the locals who were in training with me. These people had never seen snow before. One day sitting in bleachers wearing every bit of outer wear that we had, taking instruction on the M60 MG it was snowing with a good wind and the flakes were shooting by horizontally!
An Air Force friend tells about being stationed state side when spring had sprung. He flew to his new post in Okinawa in civvies, short sleeve shirt and shorts and felt quite comfortable out of doors there. However, the locals had their winter wear on, bundled up with heavy coats, warm hats & gloves, the works!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
We here in Texas will remember this next summer while sitting under our air conditioning while you are complaining about the heat that you are not prepared for.
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, just so you know, because it's obvious that you don't know, we here in the north also have AC. granted it may not run as long it does in the south, we only get 3 or 4 months of hot and humid weather. then the rest of the year it's either cool or cold/freezing with snowfall/snow storms.

so we are all prepared for the summer........granted, it may not last very long, but we can deal with it

investing in a good and solid furnace and a snow thrower is how we in the north roll

·
Registered
283 Posts
This is what happens when you get on the green peoples sides and close down perfectly good electric plants all over the country. Wait till these solar panels fail and you have to pay to get rid of them as hazardous material let alone pay for new ones without the govt subsidy. All over the country they are closing electric generation and relying on solar and wind. It takes years to permit a plant and build it. The greenies have only gotten electric rates to move higher and it will get worse as wind turbines fail and the cost to replace them is very high.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Besides the iced over wind turbine blades and solar panels there were conventional power plants that went down because they were not "winterized" (read frozen mechanisms)
Natural gas became in short supply due to demand and also distribution problems.
Distribution is also a problem with electrical power, you can buy from other areas, but the transmission lines only support a set amount of load.
Ever since deregulation there has been little investment in that area.
The US Gov't does have a hand in this thru regional management agencies.

Western Area Power Administration

Created in 1977 by the US Congress.

I also noted that some refineries went offline during this event, so expect fuel prices to rise.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
This is what happens when you get on the green peoples sides and close down perfectly good electric plants all over the country. Wait till these solar panels fail and you have to pay to get rid of them as hazardous material let alone pay for new ones without the govt subsidy. All over the country they are closing electric generation and relying on solar and wind. It takes years to permit a plant and build it. The greenies have only gotten electric rates to move higher and it will get worse as wind turbines fail and the cost to replace them is very high.
you need to stop listened to inbred morons like hannity, carlson and the rest of those bottom feeding slugs on FAUX news lying about things ..........here is a break down on texico energy

• Natural gas (51%)
  • Wind (24.8%)
  • Coal (13.4%)
  • Nuclear (4.9%)
  • Solar (3.8%)
  • Hydro, biomass-fired units (1.9%)

as you can see gas, coal, nuclear makes up about 70 percent of energy production, 30 percent wind and solar . if it was just wind and solar were knocked off, texico would still be in good shape.

oh and BTW, they have wind turbines in Minn. and other cold regions up north, those work in the winter, and it gets way colder there then what texicans experience in that that little "cold snap" of theirs for a week. what knock all that out was the cold weather that texicans thought they would never have.............even though it did in the past, but they didn't prepare for by winterizing their equipment

that and their decision to unplug from the rest of the grid and going it alone..... yeah, that worked out great for them as well

·
11,947 Posts
if that can get all the chem plants up and running, my days will go a lot easier.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts