1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A perfect example of why the 2nd amendment exists in our Constitution.

The Battle of Athens, Tennessee
As Recently As 1946, American Citizens Were
Forced To Take Up Arms As A Last Resort
Against Corrupt Government Officials.

Link

·
Registered
484 Posts
This is by far the best quote, at the bottom of the article:

The Battle of Athens clearly shows how Americans can and should lawfully use armed force and also shows why the rule of law requires unrestricted access to firearms and how civilians with military-type firearms can beat the forces of government gone bad.

Dictators believe that public order is more important than the rule of law. However, Americans reject this idea. Brutal political repression is lethal to many. An individual criminal can harm a handful of people. Governments alone can brutalize thousands, or millions.

Law-abiding McMinn County residents won the Battle of Athens because they were not hamstrung by "gun control " They showed us when citizens can and should use armed force to support the rule of law.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
WOW that would make a great movie. But hollywood would end it diff.:(

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
There was a 1992 made for TV movie "An American Story". I thought it was well done.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
great article

I've heard that mentioned in several different places but never knew what it was about, thank you very much for that very enlightening history lesson, one I'm sure isn't taught in public schools, one obooma would surely like to have permanately remove from history, but then again the old saying those that fail to learn from history are bound to repeat it.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
EVERY member here should read that story, some older members will recall I posted a link before, long ago. Don't think (for one second) it could NOT happen again, the govt wants to pretend it never happened, the people there know better, they are watching, waiting, some groups forming alliances as we speak. The NG has MP unit there, a lot of those guys will call in sick should something break loose. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts