1919 A4 Forums banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,205 Posts
If anyone is really interested in the proper T-13 front end, Rick (BMG Parts Co) had the exclusive on those from the shop we had them made at. Russ got the last one Rick had available for sale, as I think I mentioned early on this thread, a couple of years ago. Not sure if they would be willing to make more, but they were expensive because only a few sets were made, maybe 10 or less. I spent many hours digging through the Ordnance Committee Meeting Notes where I had found references, as it was there that the drawing numbers could be found. Once armed with the drawing numbers, I was able to get most of the drawings from Gatekeeper, when she was still at the Rock Island Museum. Back in 2013 I did the receiver up for the T-13, and it was a while before the jacket, barrel and bearing components were done. I never had the finished gun in my shop, but here it is in rough form, before final sandblasting. It eventually got completed with one of the front ends Rick had made, like Russ's here. Also, here is one pic of the gun in testing, from RIA.

20130128_201608 - Copy.jpg 20130121_230809-1.jpg a4lgtwtbrrl.jpg

61 - 62 of 62 Posts