1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a cool way to mount the C5. Now I just need to figure out an ammo box for it.

Sorry if this is the wrong spot but didn't see just a 1919 picture place.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
That's pretty darn cool looking, but your paint jobs gonna hate it.;)
How about one of those ammo trays that attaches directly to the gun via the pin that holds the pawl and front cart. guide in the pawl bracket? Bmgparts.com has them; 30-100-CAN
Uhhhh,, I don't think there's enough space in there for it, actually. It's probably too wide. Seems like there's a smaller version of the same device, but I can't recall it's size. It's an ammo TRAY, but that's all I can dredge up for now.:help:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
There is / was made a cradle specifically for those type of Spec OPS mounts to fit a 249 or 240. The cradle fits the small pintle and has an ammo can tray. I use one for my M249 when mounted on a pedestal .

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have that mount as well but I don't thing the 1919 has the same mounting points. I will try it when I get to the shop. We shoot the 50 off the top and it gets beat up a little. But it is just Camo krylon

·
Registered
51 Posts
I like it. :lol: I'm working on a top mount for my Kawa. Mule. Will be awhile before pictures are available. Mine will lean a little toward the ******* side. :D DIY. It's my hobby.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,394 Posts
I have one of those cans http://www.ima-usa.com/browning-feed-tray-100-round-ammo-box-ww2.html ,the 100 round it sticks out from the side of the gun 9 1/2" and is 4" deep so it barely protrudes below the gun it would be perfect on that articulated mount arm !! They also have a 200 that i would estimate 8-9" deep so it would stick 4-5" below the gun . I am green with envy :tongue: nice setup but the paint Sucks :rofl: !!
I like mine it will take linked ammo and i can cram 100 rounds into it .:D

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Now that is sweet! I like it, gunrunner. Good to see that C5A1 out there in action. Maybe one of these days I will get my own put together, lol. Plus, I have the parts to build another one for sale, sooner or later. That is one creative set up! :D

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
I have one of those cans http://www.ima-usa.com/browning-feed-tray-100-round-ammo-box-ww2.html ,the 100 round it sticks out from the side of the gun 9 1/2" and is 4" deep so it barely protrudes below the gun it would be perfect on that articulated mount arm !! They also have a 200 that i would estimate 8-9" deep so it would stick 4-5" below the gun . I am green with envy :tongue: nice setup but the paint Sucks :rofl: !!
I like mine it will take linked ammo and i can cram 100 rounds into it .:D
I don't think this 100 round ammo box will fit as the left feed bracket on the C5A1 is different than the M1919A4. Sorry to throw water on your idea.

--fjruple

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I don't think this 100 round ammo box will fit as the left feed bracket on the C5A1 is different than the M1919A4. Sorry to throw water on your idea.

--fjruple
100 rounds is not enough anyways. I say go with feed chutes and mount a 5,000 round box on the roof.. :D

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
I love it and it is perfect for those Sunday drives through Waco :rofl: I like the feed chute idea it makes sense. Nice job.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
The large ammo tray (identified by drawing D38571) probably held 250 to 300 rounds and was used with the fork type pintle (drawing D38579) of the type SARCO used to sell replicas of. This fork was part of the M24 series vehicle mounts. I don't know if the fork mount would fit your pintle mount as it was the large size as used on the M1917A1 tripod and most vehicle mounts. The tray hung on the feed pawl mounting pin and I feel was far too heavy for the pin but must have worked somewhat. And yes it came well below the gun when mounted. The 100 round model would work better but I believe they were not an issue item but a commercial thing which probably does not make any difference to you.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
I love it and it is perfect for those Sunday drives through Waco :rofl: I like the feed chute idea it makes sense. Nice job.
Hey, that's gonna be my new home one day. Watch it!!!! :mad: ;)

But other than that insult, lol, you are right on target. Feed chute that allows some flexibility as to where and how the can is mounted makes sense. By the way, I have some nice Eagle Industries ammo pouches intended for 300 rnds of 7.62mm ammo on links.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,394 Posts
Lucky#13,

You do know 2 of those are pre sold to me don`t ya ?:D
Having a 39" section of chute SA made .308 , the gun adapter and the last Box clips BMG parts had i am in the process of making a soft Predator pack that i can move the chute from one 300 round pack to the next using Velcro ! Hook side on the box clips and soft side sewn to the mouth of the soft packs on each side of the opening .
Empty one ,Rip and remount the box ends ,clip in and feed !!! MUW HA HA HA HA HA HA hahahahahahahaha !!!

Who needs a back pack :tongue: this is a much lighter and comfortable system and i may even be able to chain feed from more than one on my belt and they come with shoulder straps to help with the weight and tight to the body aspect !

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Hey, that's gonna be my new home one day. Watch it!!!! :mad: ;)

But other than that insult, lol, you are right on target. Feed chute that allows some flexibility as to where and how the can is mounted makes sense. By the way, I have some nice Eagle Industries ammo pouches intended for 300 rnds of 7.62mm ammo on links.
Are those the packs the company Kabar2 works at makes?
I'd love something like a Predator Pack, but my back will not allow it anymore I'm afraid.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
That is sick, no more hogs in the left lane!
Wouldn't the gun need to be mounted on the drivers side for that to be effective?:tongue:
LMAO!!! The first time I took the Browning out to the woods for trigger time, a young guy ran up to it and loudly exclaimed; "Damn man! That Is SICK!!!"
I thought he'd insulted my gun or was an anti____ whatever at first. I don't get out much anymore. Does it show that much?? :rofl:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts