1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot stop laughing, but i guess it's an honest mistake, heck i would have done the same thing... This guy on my canadian gun forum read about how you can clean a gun stock in the dishwasher, you know to remove cosmo and other packing grease. This dude puts his entire norinco m305 (aka m14) in there :eek:!

Results copy and pasted from the original thread:

Just thought I'd get some gun talk going to help subdue the political madness going on in the world right now, if only for a moment :). Heck, i got my own issues here on the "homefront", but that's another story for another thread...

·
Registered
926 Posts
Ouch, didn't he know to remove the metal parts first? :eek:

·
Registered
400 Posts
OH no!

Even though its a Norinco it still makes me tear up a little. Then I laugh my a$$ off.

Did he save it from becoming a pile of dust?

·
Mouse Machine Works
1,992 Posts
Never underestimate the ability of a motivated idiot. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
How long did it stay in after it stoped cheaning?

·
Registered
926 Posts
I've seen super hot water instantly rust metal before. I bet that it rusted during the cycle, since dishwashers create such hot temperature water.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Well that beats me fitting a repop .44 Remington 1858 Army to a holster and using a water based leather treatment w/o realizing it was water based. I was jist ignorant, thats jist dumn.;) Took several hours scrubbing to clean it up enough to reblue her.

·
Watercooled Addict
2,111 Posts
It looks like he got all of the cosmoline off:eek:

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Well that beats me fitting a repop .44 Remington 1858 Army to a holster and using a water based leather treatment w/o realizing it was water based. I was jist ignorant, thats jist dumn.;) Took several hours scrubbing to clean it up enough to reblue her.
Umm; at the VERY least, Saran Wrap IS your friend in such situations... ;)

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I'd beadblast it and THEN blue it. It'll come out a satin blue, quite attractive, actually.

And it DID get the cosmo out...:D:D

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
...do tell him to remove the stock before putting it into the blueing tanks.:D
Chris

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

wouldnt think one would have to warn of that, but with this cat its better to be safe than sorry.:p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts