1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
A Lee-Enfield No1 MKV has been on my "want" list for a long time!
I only ever find them sporterized,, and that is a sad thing to see.

Sledge

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kind comments. I found this in a collection with over 140 other firearms. I made a deal to photograph, catalog, and appraise the entire collection in exchange for this one.
It was a win-win because I had a great time checking out all the cool stuff they have, I got one that I didn't have, and they got many hours of appraisal work.
Before you ask, the others aren't for sale at this time...
...but someday when he is ready he will know what he has and what it was worth in 2015.

·
Premium Member
2,630 Posts
I snagged a No.4Mk2 several years ago, but can't bring myself to take it out of the factory wrap.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
I snagged a No.4Mk2 several years ago, but can't bring myself to take it out of the factory wrap.
I had one of those, from that stash in Ireland. Same thing, didn't want to take it out of the wrap. But then in a moment of weakness- and with a few bills to pay many years back- it went away. Don't have any Enfields right now, but will rebuild my military bolt gun collection again at some point.

That's a nice piece you got there, and it was generous of you to help the fellow evaluate his collection. Looks like it worked out well for everyone.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
last irish contract gun i saw locally was pushing $800... pristine.

I'll find another eventually, I figure picking up 13 enfields in one year is enough for now.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Had one too. But eneed up opening it, cleaning it, and shooting it. Figured if wanted to pay big money for something and just look at it, I'd buy fine art.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Saw one on GB a while back in .22. It didn't last long. Very nice to say the least.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am almost afraid to ask, but is there a list of countries and variations of SMLE .22 trainers?
I have a bit of a .22 trainer addiction. Once I have one I feel the need to have one of each. Just wondering what I have gotten myself into.
-Ray

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ian Skenerton

I Have 8 different models of British smle trainers , I suggest you buy Ian Skenertons book about the Lee Enfield. Smlemk111 (Alan Abramson)

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have a couple Enfields converted to 22, guess I should dig them out and see what they are. I never paid much attention to them, didn't realize they were collectable...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a couple Enfields converted to 22, guess I should dig them out and see what they are. I never paid much attention to them, didn't realize they were collectable...
I never thought much of them either, but I ran out of US .22 trainers to buy and I am having a heck of a time finding an Egyptian Hakim .22 trainer, so when I saw the New Zealand and had the money in my pocket, I bought it.
Started looking on GB and they are quite proud of the ones they are selling, based on asking prices.

Sounds like I need to add that book to my Christmas list.
-Ray

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i saw one a few months ago... of course I had already spent $$$ that month on stupid Enfields.

they have a funky BB gun trainer as well.
I have the lungamen(sp), Hakim, Hakim Carbine, Rashid, and Hakim Pellet Trainer. For 15 years I had a .22 Hakim trainer, but it belonged to a friend of mine. When he passed away the .22 trainer went to his family, and fellow collector that has a similar collection. Which is where it belonged.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts