·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Already started a thread here:

Thanks Gorgon!

·
Registered
708 Posts
So it looks like all the comments on Chipotle's owner are true. Poor Mr. Goldsmith has been pre-selling books - in complete good faith - and the damned printer doesn't even have the money to print it. A unique idea - get somebody to write a book for you, have him pre-sell God knows how many copies, then go to Kickstarter to fund the printing costs. The Printer thereby prints the book at no cost to them for at least part of a first run, if not all of it. OK, yes, they throw in some crap at different levels (Platinum Level is pretty cool though; good for that handful of people who were able to pounce on that). I thought Chipotle Publishing was a real company, not some dude trying to get a start-up going from his dorm room. Now I know.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Chipotle is run by Dan Shea, or at least associated with him. Dolf and Dan have known each other for many years. I suspect that is why Dolf accepted the deal. I won't speculate on what's happening here. But Dan has a decent reputation, so something has obviously gone amiss.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Anyone familiar with what’s going on know why Collector Grade Publications wasn’t involved? I assume Dan being involved with Chipotle is the main reason, maybe they should stick to coloring books...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Anyone familiar with what’s going on know why Collector Grade Publications wasn’t involved? I assume Dan being involved with Chipotle is the main reason, maybe they should stick to coloring books...
Blake Stevens owned Collector Grade and recently passed. Shea bought the rights to the books.

·
Premium Member
5,368 Posts
Blake Stevens owned Collector Grade and recently passed. Shea bought the rights to the books.
Shea only owns the rights to the Grand old Lady and no others. Dolf gave the rights to Blake years ago because he did not think he would be around to do another printing of it, little did he know what would happen. Collector grade is out of Dolf's Maxim book The Devil's Paintbrush and they will not be printing any more of them but Dolf still has a few copies at his place so if you ever wanted one NOW would be the time guys. As far as Dan Shea goes I will keep my comments to myself

1 - 9 of 9 Posts