1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rant on:

NRA fundraiser calls the house this morning. I was polite and let the lady read her entire script about Obama wanting to come personally take my guns. When she finally asked me if "Wayne could count on ME for my financial support??"...I asked her "Ma'am, are you familiar with the NY SAFE Act and the NRA's contributions to fighting it?".....She responded (in a very confused manner) ......"Um, No, I dont know, what, errr...."

I explained to her "Miss, Im sure you are just trying to making a living as a telemarketer, but Gov Cuomo enacted the most unconstitutional gun laws upon NY state, and the NRA all but abandoned us. The NRA's contribution to the legal suit against the SAFE act was a pittance, and for this reason I am no longer a NRA member. Have a good holiday". Then I hung up.

You'd think that if the NRA was going to waste their time begging for money in NY, they would at employ some folks with at least a LITTLE knowledge of the political climate of the people they are pandering too.

OK. Xmas rant off. Happy holidays.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
They're just reading a script. During the attempt to ban the green-tip 5.56mm ammunition a while back, the guy that called me from the NRA had no clue about "M855" ammunition or the "S109 bullet." But he sure could put stress and urgency in his voice...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts