·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Veeery In-ter-esting.

"CBS News senior investigative producer Pat Milton reports.... A law enforcement source told CBS News that Johnson had a SKS semi-automatic assault rifle and a handgun...."

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Caution, this all may still prove incorrect but the sources seem reliable. Here's a great article https://sofrep.com/58721/antique-sks-rifle-used-dallas-killer/. You know, now that I think of it, the SKS does have a dreaded bayonet. Maybe the AWB of 1994 had it right.

Veeery In-ter-esting.

"CBS News senior investigative producer Pat Milton reports.... A law enforcement source told CBS News that Johnson had a SKS semi-automatic assault rifle and a handgun...."

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Probably purchased at the Rodeo Arena gun show near his house. Witnessed many a straw purchase at that show (not that he may or may not have purchased this firearm). Even a few ATF interventions on non FFLs selling the **** out of some pistols. J

·
Registered
742 Posts
While I'm not an expert of firearm sounds the sound of the muzzle report report on the various news videos had a 'Bigger' sound than I've noticed from a .223. While I was watching the news reports that evening I said to myself that it sounded more like a .30 caliber weapon than a .223.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
.... To get around the facts, NBC is calling it an "SKS Assault Rifle." So, now an assault rifle is defined as any semiautomatic even if it has an internal 10 round magazine and traditional wood stock.
It's amazing how clueless they are, it's really a stretch to call an SKS an Assault Rifle. That said, they can be fitted with a 20 round fixed magazine or removable, high capacity magazines. Regardless, it's still just a semi-automatic carbine.

It's also just as out-there to call this a "sniper attack," the SKS isn't exactly a sniper rifle. I guess it's a good thing the Dallas nut-case didn't have an M1A1, AR-10, FN-FAL or HK-91 with optics, i.e. a proper semi-automatic sniper rifle.

We're also now told this guy had an "Arsenal" in his home. Must not have been much of an arsenal if the best he had to bring was an SKS. Did I mention the media is clueless? MSG

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Let's get this straight. We all know what an assault rifle looks like. Here is an example of the original assault rifle, which the first attempt to ban proved to be something of a failure, leading to an ever growing development into the current evil assault rifle, such as the SKS. All assault weapons are evil, we all know this.

Air gun

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Hard to tell for sure, but if it's an SKS, it's not factory. Looks all black with an extended mag and a pistol grip based on how he's handling it.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Well, to get him back the police used a radio controlled assault robot with a bomb!

So, does this mean that we can use this same kind of weapon?

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
If those are the actual crime scene photos, this issue is closed. The crime scene photos also show Travon wasn't drinking "ice tea."

A quality AK-74 is a far cry from an SKS, looks like the guy did have some knowledge. I'm curious if he had similar good taste in pistols.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts