1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Late last year I had this "extra" AR sitting around and a friend of mine (who happens to host a talk show on local radio) wanted to get an AR. He asked me if I had any for sale and I said I sure do. We made the deal he got the carbine and fell in love with it. He's been a firearm owner and shooter most of his life but he never warmed up to semi autos. He told me he really enjoyed shooting it.
Fast forward to the Pulse Nightclub shooting here in Orlando. Once it was announced that the shooter used an AR variant my friend suddenly and irrationally decided he did not want to own a similar weapon. Being a local celebrity he thought maybe he could raffle or auction off his AR and do some good with the proceeds. I contacted him and offered to buy it back at a profit to him and complete work on one of his hit and miss engines for free. No go, he wanted money for a charity he is involved with. Well as the weeks dragged on he found out that no one was still interested in the AR and the healing had begun. He texted me last week and said I could have it back! Just do the work to the engine and he'd call it even. So she's home with me no worse for wear, and back with her stablemates. KevinT

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
I'm glad you got it Kevin but how sad it was left unappreciated. :jedicrying:
At least it's at a good home now where it will be.
CaptMax

1 - 2 of 2 Posts