1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah, all but that terrible paki 303 has been outside of the general machine gunners budget for 10 years plus. that paki stuff should never be used. 30+ second hang fires are unsafe for any use

At $1.00 a round even before this years price spikes, is outside of my budget for auto guns. I have a decent volume of 54r which was one of the main reasons I got the Bren. And also, it’s a freaking Bren!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yeah, all but that terrible paki 303 has been outside of the general machine gunners budget for 10 years plus. that paki stuff should never be used. 30+ second hang fires are unsafe for any use

At $1.00 a round even before this years price spikes, is outside of my budget for auto guns. I have a decent volume of 54r which was one of the main reasons I got the Bren. And also, it’s a freaking Bren!
Totally with you. That's why I tried 54r. When it worked, it was great! When it doesn't... well..... stock up on mags just in case. They tend to get launched into the air during a blow out. (at least mine did)

·
Registered
531 Posts
I heard read favorable reports about firing WOLF .303 in the BREN.
Not sure of todays prices, but before the world changed it was priced in line with other new made WOLF ammo.

BTW, the BREN barrel nuts are another adjustment.
They come with different threads, to mate the barrel to the receiver.
I have seen where you couldn't lock the barrel in, and had to exchange the barrel nut to correct that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was also going to ask about wolf ammo. I have a couple thousand round of men German 303 that I feed my Lewis, but after that runs out I was wondering about wolf, normally $.45 per round. I shoot lots of wolf .223, 7.62x39, and it always goes bang.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Wolf 303 is a bit thinner at the head of the case and it causes problems in guns that dont fully support the case head. This is from a SA bren and has blown out at the extractor. This is the only incident I know of.
IMG_2109.JPG

·
11,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Aim has had it at .40 and I’d use that.

but I’m still lacking Ammo to use in this new toy. Only have a couple hundred rounds of mixed commercial 303

·
Registered
532 Posts
I was also going to ask about wolf ammo. I have a couple thousand round of men German 303 that I feed my Lewis, but after that runs out I was wondering about wolf, normally $.45 per round. I shoot lots of wolf .223, 7.62x39, and it always goes bang.
NOPE, mine blows up MUCH more frequently on Wolf .308 than brass.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
You obviously have not tried to find large quantities of 8mm recently. GOOD 8mm is nearly gone and is again 75 cents on up.
Trust me , Rory has a good supply of 8mm sitting around...If not , he knows where to get some 😉 .....Nice new toy Rory....Is it Brad's old one ? , if so , I have shot it.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts