1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, I like this board.

Aside from the great members, I'm so glad we don't see a rehash of news here. I read the news, including 2A news, and it's depressing. I don't need to be reminded of it.

We really don't have any loons here. Hey, I'm a believer that conspiracy theories too often have something behind them. I'm sure there are plenty of things that we'd all be shocked at if we knew the truth. But on some gun forums there are a few nuts that just reach out too far, truly lunatic stuff, and go on and on. Not only does that make the argument ineffective, but it drives me nuts. And it's non-friggin-stop. They're truly raving lunatics.

There are no Great Reset myopics here. Those guys are nuts too. Yeah, a reset might be coming, but it's not going to be what they think. Oh, you wanna drive a reset? Good-bye dentist, good-bye fresh oranges, good-bye society. A bunch of angry people with guns going up other angry people with guns isn't going to turn out with a rainbow society, all fixed up. We're all on the radar of the antis; these reset guys will get the first visit.

There are few here "just gotta have my say." I swear, at least one research website I'm on every moron has to say something. They don't even read the whole thread, they just jump in and offer rubbish that had already been debunked five pages ago. Nooo, can't be satisfied to to learn something, or even STFU, they just gotta say something. They drive me nuts. There's a few of these clowns that are on multiple forums, and it's always the same stupid, uninformed drivel. I'm so, so glad we don't have much of that here.

Then there are the effing lazy, and I'm glad they're not typically here either. "Are Corvettes available in Red?" HEY why don't you go do a bloody search? Seriously. But it's amazing the number of idiots that just throw out a question without a shred of effort to see if it's been answered.

I do have to say, we have JUST the right number of FNGs with attitude. Now, if all FNGs came onboard with good attitudes and yearning to learn, that would be good. But I have to admit I enjoy the occasional FNG that comes in slinging stupidity then gets into a fight with a SME. It lets me laugh. Sometimes I'm naughty and give the bad FNG a kick; I know, bad discipline, but entertaining. Just the right amount of entertainment.

This is just about the ONLY place where there's a bit of serenity. Where the members are SMEs, giving, and trustworthy. Where we don't have to rehash the news. Where we can hang out, swap parts, and take pokes at each other. I like it here. It's my safe place.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I’m just on this forum to try and convince some old timer with a large belt fed collection to adopt me. No takers so far.

This forum is for a niche within a niche within a niche, leading us to have more things in common than if we were on a larger general 2A related forum. The specialization makes things better here.

·
12,678 Posts
I’m just on this forum to try and convince some old timer with a large belt fed collection to adopt me. No takers so far.

This forum is for a niche within a niche within a niche, leading us to have more things in common than if we were on a larger general 2A related forum. The specialization makes things better here.
Josh, I’m only 43 and I’ve been asking for that position for more than a decade.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Abominog, you just have to take the other sites with a grain of salt. Like watching monkeys at zoo. When it's not entertaining you leave, get bored go back for a little bit.

I jump around from place 2 place. Everywhere has something different to offer. 1919 has a lot of very well learned members. They don't just run around telling everyone. They wait patiently for for someone to ask. I also spend a good amount of time on WG. They try to keep it a bit more business. There are some exceptions. Yes both sites have a vast amount of knowledge and sometimes it doesn't search up easily. All in all both are usually mostly respectful.

All the other places I go are mostly for entertainment pictures, memes, drama, sarcasm, etc. Sometimes I find a good deal.

Don't tell anyone most days I feel like a kindergartener on a college campus around you guys. It's really hard to absorb all the information members have to offer. I'm sure in time that will be less and less. Until then I visit other places so I don't feel like the dumbest kid. Watching the crayon eaters makes me feel better. Not smarter.🤣

BTW thanks everyone who has been patient with me. This truly is a great community.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Although I don’t post often I read pretty much everything on this forum. Being a 25 year old who lives in Los Angeles not a lot of belt fed shooters I know in real life besides the ones going to my monthly shoot. This is my safe space too!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
There are only 2 forums where I have a running thread for news about APEX Gun Parts.
One is here and the other is the "Weapons Guild".
Both are well moderated and have focus (FIREARMS)
I look in on a bunch of other boards, but rarely participate in the discussions.

Richard

·
Premium Member
7,175 Posts
This is pretty much the only site I am on in an active fashion because of the members here. I lurk on a few other sites but rarely post because of all the keyboard commandos who are all too quick to make negative comments without knowing the whole story. We seem to have the best group of members that are willing to share knowledge, time or parts so why go anywhere else?

·
Registered
166 Posts
why go anywhere else?
Because this year I went from owning hunting purpose firearms to more exotic. And I jumped in head first without looking. It didn't take long to realize purchasing ready to go was not going to last long. So I found the next best thing and it's what I've done for over half my life now. Build it yourself sweat equity.

Since I haven't figured out how to become independently wealthy. I can have more toys for less cash. It also keeps me out of trouble while waiting for my next fix.

I did ask a question 6 months ago about what tools and such. Crickets! I now realize how hard that question would be to answer. Then I found WG. If you want to build that is the place to be! My head spins when I get there. Super ADHD chipmunk on crack kicks in. There is so many tutorials and information. I find myself reading for hours. Best part I don't have to ask stupid questions. Usually I can find the information I need.

1919 is a little more layed back geared towards mostly WW1 & WW2 guns and artifacts sprinkled with some lighter topics. WG those guy are hustling. They build with a purpose. My mind is blown on a regular basis the things that are coming out. They build any and everything from Derringer to DD, and from parts kit to built from scratch (machined or 3D printed) all while focusing on being legal.

It does take some getting used to the format. And you are encouraged to participate to get the keys. Once you unlock it. There is a vast amount of information.

That's my excuse. The other places I go have none.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Weapons Guild is great because politics and rants are supressed. They are laser focused on restorations and gunsmithing. However, there's not much in the way of collecting or history info, and I enjoy those aspects.

Be aware though, on WG there are at least two individuals, one from here and one from FAL FILES, that represent themselves as SMEs who give very, very bad advise. So WG is not foolproof. I suppose even here, the members are TOO polite, and IMHO not quick enough to call out BS.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I really have to agree! This is a great site and you all are a great bunch of people. Some of the most helpful and least judging. This is the only gun sight (pun intended) left that i check on a daily basis even if i don't post all that often. Thanks to all for making this a great site!

·
Registered
623 Posts
There are only 2 forums where I have a running thread for news about APEX Gun Parts.
One is here and the other is the "Weapons Guild".
Both are well moderated and have focus (FIREARMS)
I look in on a bunch of other boards, but rarely participate in the discussions.

Richard
And we all thank you for that........Even if our wives and wallets don't........

AZB

1 - 20 of 23 Posts