1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can y'all give me your opinion on the condition of this trunnion? Looks to have some wear, and may have been repaired with a weld or two already in it's life. I've been reading about trunnion wear, and now I'm concerned...

It comes with a trunnion protector, that I intend to use. Gun is a transferable full auto.
Watch Air gun Toy Trigger Gun barrel

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Yes it looks like it has been repaired, if it runs fine with the trunion protecter I would just run it. Being it is a transferable if you wanted to spend the money you could always find one in better shape and replace it. Basically it's just cosmetic.

·
Premium Member
8,672 Posts
It will certainly work as is but if you find a spare at a good price I would grab it as a back up down the road because they are hard to find these days and that will only get worse as time passes. If it runs with the trunnion protector then run it, it will be fine.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks @GBYENKO , @cantrell , & @toolmanm203. I'm still so new to belt fed guns.

Gun is still incoming to me, and when I first saw it, I just thought it was wear. But looks to be repair, but no cracks. It has a trunnion protector with it, I'll try it out and see how it goes. I figure it wouldn't be installed in the gun if it didn't run. But I'll keep my eyes out for one of the chrome lined trunnions as a spare, for down the road.

·
Premium Member
8,672 Posts
The chrome trunnions were post WWII and can be a PITA to fit to the gun. I will explain all the details to you when we talk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts