1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Im new to the forum and just starting my first 1919a4 build. However I wanted to know if anyone on here has used TNWs 1919 reciever kit? And is it any good?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
If you haven't already purchased anything, I would suggest that KMP's design is the better way to go. They sell a trigger and sear. Plus an 80% side plate. they will do your machine work, or you can have the first fella responding to your query do it also.

In my opinion, KMP is the gold standard for the 1919

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
If it is an unassembled kit they had some nice USGI kits they sold. Just come here for build tutorial do not follow theirs.. If its a built gun by them they are less than desireable how they built them and unless a real bargain I would recommend looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have heard that TNW has really slipped over the past few years. I bought my 1919 from them in '05 and it's still going strong. Workmanship was first rate then but from what I've heard here and from others, it isn't what it used to be. True the denial island configuration is a little different and the sear is a little different but I have KMP sears in both of my bolts. I've never checked out the trigger as compared to the KMP setup. Brian Penley did my .22 bolt for me and I've never had a problem. Good luck on that build. I'm sure you'll enjoy it once it's finished.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
I think it may depend on who is there doing the building at any given time. There is one fellow I know there who works part time. He is a member of this forum, though I don't know when he last posted. But he is capable of building a nice gun. He's been to the Creek and I've talked with him a number of times. So if you are going to get one from TNW, you may want to find out who will actually be doing the assembly. I just priced what it would cost me to provide the same assembly, with current pricing on new made components. At this time, it ads up to about the same just in components, not counting my labor. So that is a decent value if it's put together well.

However, I think the idea of building your own is a good way to go, whether you use a KMP side plate, Halo, you can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks you guys for the input! Ill definitely check out KMP and see what they have to offer. One other question is what brand of rivet gun do you guys like to use? Being that I don't have one yet I want to get one soon.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I'd shop eBay for a 4X size made in USA rivet gun with punch set. For sure don't get the harbor freight offer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts