1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8 weeks, 4 emails, 3 phone calls.....

All I needed was a replacement recoil spring, hammer and extractor for their Suomi semi kit.

I emailed them for replacement parts.....I waited 4 weeks and emailed them again....2 more weeks, another email.....then a phone call.....I was told to email them again....more emails, more phone calls....all I wanted was a fuggin recoil spring, hammer and extractor.

They told me their M31 Suomi doesnt use a recoil spring. Seriously? A 9MM blowback gun with no recoil spring? I let that go, I didnt argue, I sent pics of the semi recoil spring I needed. I figured it was just some non gun folks working the phones, so I wrote "Need SEMI recoil spring, extractor and hammer"

After 8 weeks of dicking around, they sent me a stock FA recoil spring and a *ejector*. Is this a friggen joke to them? Cmon, 3 small parts and they just keep bull$hitting me! How difficult should this be!

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
8 fugging weeks!

I literally spelled it out, word by word, politely, for non gun folks. I sent pictures of the parts I needed. Still, they managed to screw it up. Ive given up on this industry. Unless you are spending thousands of dollars, you are just a worthless one time customer.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like FARKING better. The AR really needs the UC replacment in this situation.
I try to behave myself here and set some kind of standard. The worst part is I got the Suomi together tonight and the only thing I had aproblem with was the extractor...the ONE FUGGING part I specifically told them they forgot to send me. ( I used a spare)

Robert...check your PM's dude, I have a present for you.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BRP has Suomi parts as well. Maybe you can make out better there. BTW, what is the differance between the M31 FA recoil spring and the SA spring? I have a TNW M31 and thought about buying a kit for spare parts, mainly wanting a spare extractor and recoil spring.
The original SA spring they included with the kit was slightly larger (OD) and not as stiff as the stock FA spring. Unfortunately I wound up cutting the spring (due to my own ignorance and TNW's shitty, not to scale instructions) TNW wound up sending me another FA spring as a replacement. I just cut it down to where I can get the gun to manually strip, feed and extract with no issues. I havnt test fired it yet. I hope it works because after this much hassle, I know theres no way I can count on TNW for any kind of tech support.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Please let me us know if the FA spring works. I have a feeling that the TNW SA spring is on the weak side anyways. One other thought is perhaps you can use the cut SA spring and use part of the FA spring as a shim to bolster it.

I had a few issues with my TNW M31 at first BTW. I got it running 100% now using WWB 9mm running drums last time I took it out. I also have an easy fix for the terrible trigger pull on the TNW M31 if you are interested.

I found mine likes to run on the dry side due to the tight tolerances. If I oil the bolt it slows it down (oddly enough) inside the tube receiver. I took the rate reducing valve and spring out and that seems to get it to strip rounds better as well....I figured its not needed on an SA rifle and may actually cause problems.

If you have trouble getting drums to run let me know and I can post some pics on the mod I did to mine, along with the trigger mod.
What kind of trigger mods did you do? ALL TNW triggers suck. My MG34 is horrible too.
Right now it hand cycles real nice, but Im afraid I cut too much off the recoil spring and its not going to strip rounds off a full magazine or drum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.