1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a semi-auto TNW M2 HB Browning that is just gathering dust. Time to sell it; I can't justify looking at it without firing it more often. It's had maybe 200 rounds put through it, total. I am looking to sell the whole lot but I'm in no rush. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to get into an M2 HB "lock stock and barrel" with lots of accessories and at least one "one of a kind" item.

Accessories:
- M3 standard three-leg tripod with T&E (TNW issue)
- road case for gun, tripod, barrel, accessories - closed cell foam inside cut out to match items, hard-sided, custom-built with wheel slots on three sides, meant for truck or air shipment or for long-term storage. Built for abuse.
- go/no-go gauge and various cleaning rods etc.
- 4400 rounds of API, APIT, AP - TNW reloads, 20 years old, decent storage conditions but no guarantees. Mixed headstamps. All linked. All in good condition OD ammo cans.
- Israeli "pop-up" mount. I've never seen another like it. Moves from crouching (behind sandbag) position to standing; spring-loaded to take weight of gun and ammo for rapid appear/disappear action - extremely clever. Swivels 360, but can lock into place. Has enough swing to be used in anti-aircraft position. Was pulled from Golan heights, but that's all I know about it (there's a maker tag, but it's in Hebrew.) Sandblasted, powder coated black, in excellent condition. Weighs around 350#
- M23(?) cradle with ammo can holder
- round base naval (or is it for a half-track?) standing pintle pedestal, but needs to be bolted to a ship deck or other solid foundation, in excellent shape
- batwing shield with extended side bend shield arms, probably from armored vehicle, 1970's? era, with integral cradle and ammo can holder, sandblasted and powdercoated black, in excellent condition, pintle (can fit pedestal but it would be short)
- hand crank linker
- I have a bunch of other knick knacks that I collected over the years - aircraft belt link feeding chutes, link bags, manuals. They go with it but I am not inclined to go out and inventory everything because it's a difficult enough decision for me to sell this in the first place and going through all that stuff would just make me think I should keep it all.

So the next question is "How much?" So here's my thumbnail estimates on current values: $16k for the M2 (gunbroker has one for that amount with a bid currently), $1.5k for the M3, $1k for the road case, $12k for the ammo, $3k for the pop-up mount, $900 for the cradle, $500 for the pedestal, $2k for the batwing, $800 for the linker, $500 for misc parts. So that's $38200. I'd take $31k. I know I priced all that stuff out separately, but I'm not parting things out - it's all or nothing. I'm not really in any rush to sell this - I thought I'd keep it forever, but I have too many retirement hobbies already and I need some to not be hanging over my head in the "things you're not getting around to" list. Preference given to people in the Pacific Northwest who can just come here and look at it instead of me taking a million photos of everything that you probably won't find high-res/useful enough anyway. Find me via private message, but I'm slow to reply.

·
Registered
925 Posts
That's an awesome package for someone and reasonably priced in this current market. I'd love to see that Israeli pop-up mount just for giggles...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still available; a few people were sorta interested, but it's a big shipment of gear and is somewhat intimidating, but... if you were thinking of making an investment in an M2, this is a pretty sweet package if I say so myself. If it goes for too long, I'll eventually get enough energy together and put it on gunbroker. Just the M2s are now at $19k much less all the accessories and rounds...

·
Premium Member
6,954 Posts
Sounds like a very nice turn key package for someone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts