1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Pards!
I took my 1919 out today to pop her cherry! took 250 linked rounds (by hand Ouch!) Anyway, she seemed to shoot great but was not feeding the belt
well without a lot of wiggling, cussing and side to side action! it did however start feeding about the last 30 or 40 rounds like it should, is this common??
do these rebuilds need to wear in some??? the accuracy was without a doubt fantastic! I'm hooked for life! Hmm, let's see, if I only run a three round belt,
and if I can figure out how ta mount it in my tree stand,,?? Whitail season is
almost here! :D
Yer'Migo!
"Big Ed"

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have xperienced a few bizare undiagnoseable problems that I have atributed to a "break in period" however mine FED properly from day 1.
Only way to tell is to keep on shooting, as far as acuracy goes......... I have yet to aim mine.

·
Registered
7,775 Posts
That could be a lot of things - depth of seating cartridges in the links, type of ammo, headspace, cartridge spacers and stops, feed pawl, tight topcover, etc. Are you using a trunnion protector? Try without it once. Try with a belt? I'd say probably headspace is a little off if it started working better as it warmed up. JM.02

1 - 3 of 3 Posts