1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
College life can be incredibly stressful at times, and some of my lady friends needed to get out for abit. They had never shot before, and are always asking to go, so I figured it was a perfect weather day for it! Plus we had some pumpkins that were just asking for it. I know they're form isn't perfect, but today was just about them learning the safety, aiming, and recoil aspect. Needless to say we all went back to campus stress free and smiling, and they're already asking when they can shoot again!

They did admit the Garand was a tad heavy for their liking, lol!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447023925.382927.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447023961.798623.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447023975.799161.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447023989.365314.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447024002.349401.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447024018.665436.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447024031.116550.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447024043.315369.jpg

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Nicely done! Good to get the ladies out shooting, especially in today's political climate at our college campuses. Thanks for sharing the pics, and hat's off to you for introducing them to the sport. They should have a better grasp on firearms issues, hopefully, than many in this demographic.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
I know they're form isn't perfect, but today was just about them learning the safety, aiming, and recoil aspect.
I personally see nothing wrong with their form!!! In fact, my only complaint would be where's the video? Nothing like watching a girl while in recoil mode, especially a good looking college girl. :buttrock:
CaptMax

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
The Garand looks a little big for the one young lady. Sort of reminds me of the ROK soldiers. An AR would be more appropriate.

118 Posts
Form isn't perfect? They seem to be doing damn well. I didn't see one lean back, only up or forward, and the footwork is good (the isosceles can use a foot tweak and these girls know it).

If I bring pumpkins can you take me girlfriend hunting? :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nicely done! Good to get the ladies out shooting, especially in today's political climate at our college campuses. Thanks for sharing the pics, and hat's off to you for introducing them to the sport. They should have a better grasp on firearms issues, hopefully, than many in this demographic.
Well thank you! Every time I hear of our 2nd amend rights being threatened, it makes me realize how much the general populations doesn't truly understand about firearms. These girls are officially on the band wagon now!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I personally see nothing wrong with their form!!! In fact, my only complaint would be where's the video? Nothing like watching a girl while in recoil mode, especially a good looking college girl. :buttrock:
CaptMax
Honestly I was very impressed with their natural form for first time shooters, only small things such at butt stock placement and pistol grip that I think could be improved. I just added that because I know how anal people online can be sometimes when it comes to form!

I've got plenty of videos, I just don't know how to post them! :(

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Garand looks a little big for the one young lady. Sort of reminds me of the ROK soldiers. An AR would be more appropriate.
That is what I thought of as well, lol. I started them off on the pistol, then the AR, and offered the Garand but warned them it was a big step up. They all took the offer! Lol.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Form isn't perfect? They seem to be doing damn well. I didn't see one lean back, only up or forward, and the footwork is good (the isosceles can use a foot tweak and these girls know it).

If I bring pumpkins can you take me girlfriend hunting? :D
LOL, hey the more the merrier right? Come on down and the pumpkins won't stand a chance! Lol.

As to the form part, I mainly threw that in there because I know how anal people online can be, knit picking every little thing. I was actually very impressed with their natural form, and only offered minimal changes!

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
garrettbragg SEZ: "....If you bring the belt Feds, I'll bring the girls and pumpkins! Lol!"

No LOL, I've the beltfed and plenty of ammo. :devillook: You've got a good range? Where ya at?

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
garrettbragg SEZ: "....If you bring the belt Feds, I'll bring the girls and pumpkins! Lol!"

No LOL, I've the beltfed and plenty of ammo. :devillook: You've got a good range? Where ya at?

Carry On!
Gary
><>

Unfortunately we don't have any good outdoor ranges in the area, so we were shooting off some property near my house in the country. But even there the neighbors got a little antsy with the shooting so we try to keep it minimal. However my buddy has a ranch 2 hours from here that we shoot at frequently! I'm in the south Texas area outside of corpus!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
girls and guns

It's been my experience that any open minded gal that you teach to shoot and don't over burden them with too much gun love it and can't wait to go out again! As for the Garand, my sister in law fell in love with it,that and my .45, but she has a little more mass, smaller gals generally like either the M-1 carbine or an SKS!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts