1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only found that e-Sarco has the top cover cotter pins for sale at $1.00 each. Does anyone else have them for sale, or is there a standard size that I can get at Ace Hardware to do the job? Thanks again to the gurus for another noob questions!

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Ace, Lowes, Home Depot, 'Nard's, etc... Find one that fits. It ain't rocket science.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Soak cotter pins overnight in muratic acid, rinse with water, blast & parkerize!
Naaaah... I'm not that anal. I could care less if it was parked, painted, bare steel, bare brass or chrome plated. It's just a dang cotter pin. You're going to use it once and replace it with a new one after cleaning anyhow. You're talking about a piece of hardware that costs all of about 2 or 3 cents.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
This thread caused me to go look at my cotter pin stash. I must have 200 of those small ones plus several hand grenade pins. I tried to pick them up with a magnet (as I usually do with small items like that) nope must be stainless steel. I guess that rules out parkerizing. I was hoping I had some with the GI part number stamped on them but none do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts