1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was doing some filing and got to the point of higher finishing. I had no small polishing stones, only 6” long section. I needed to bust it down to about 1.5”.

Having the file still in my hand I have it a whack, or rather tried. I sliced my damned finger open real good, got blood all over everything, and the gash in my finger was full of oil and filth.

There was a brass mallet right there on the bench. Both rubber mallet and hammer in the drawer to the left. A vice not 6” from where I did this.

I WIN!!!! Lazy dumbass mofo of the year!

·
Registered
816 Posts
I've busted so many fingers, knuckles, thumbs, over the years I count. And it was usually doing something with the wrong tool when the right tool was in the drawer.
So maybe not of the year just the month :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I got the tip of my finger caught between the bolt and breech of a Gory clone Im building about 2 months ago. Think 'M1 thumb,' but the tip of your trigger finger. Blood everywhere, and as Im dripping all over the bench, all I could think about was finding a clean rag to wrap my finger in. The whole time my wife is watching, and when I yelled at her to come help she says 'Why are you YELLING at me, you cut yourself all the time out here!!!!.......Oh......thats a lot of blood......"

2 months later and its still killing me. Nerve damage or scar tissue. The worst part is, I only have myself to blame for not wearing gloves like I normally do.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Tried to take out the head bolts on a 351c ford with a 3/8 drive wrench ...Got 2 out before I punched the firewall....The firewall was not to bad but the metal screw sticking threw the firewall drove itself 1/4 inch between my knuckles....Would have took less then a min to grab the 1/2 drive from the tool box...Cost me 2 weeks of not being able to use that hand.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Here’s my story of recent absurd stupidity. Late one evening, I accidentally grabbed my spouse’s nail glue assuming the bottle contained eyedrops. The bottles were similar and sitting on the counter in the dark kitchen. I still dare not ask why nail glue was on the counter in the kitchen. My bride of many years hit an unsaid highspeed on the way to the ER. But, the hasty trip was unnecessary since the fast setting glue had firmly attaching my eyelid to my eyeball. The good news is the oncall optometrist knew exactly what to do. This was his 3rd superglue incident his year. On the lighter side, the ER staff said they deal with superglue incidents all of the time and told a story where superglue was spread on the seat of a toilet at a Frat party. Somebody sat on it. The individual arrived in the ER with the toilet seat still glued to her butt.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,289 Posts
1) roll pin ,1) pull type spring center /cup point punch (using cup end ) ,1) fore finger on Serious blood thinners = 1/8" cored hole in said finger , 3 days to stop the bleeding and two (100 ct. ) boxes of bandaid`s, 6 weeks to heal !!
I never felt a thing due to inability to feel pain at all and CSI would go nuts trying to figure out the blood "spray" pattern in what looks like a scene from The Texas Chain Saw Massacre covering the entire house (two floors ).......Total blood loss about a pint .....

·
BeltFed GURU
4,289 Posts
Try 2009 my first heart attack 1) Huge Macaw (40" 5.5 Lb beak as big as your fist ,folds pennies in half for fun !!) ,1) brown M&M (have no idea where he found it !! ) ,same finger across the first joint all the way to bone and Grinding until his feet touched the floor !! Took him less than 15 sec to reach the top of the bathroom wall and watched as i Tight wrapped the finger and told him it was Ok i understood it was instinct . Sat back down at the computer and 20 sec later he was pushing his head under the injured hand in apology !! Result no major bleeding but the pad of the finger lost all feeling for a year and a half .....Moral "Never get between a Macaw and food !!" .
He has been my companion for 41 years ,never caged ,total free range (inside/out in the trees at his choice) ,Never treat trained , walks up to me and says " (insert name) I want (insert demand ) !! Never taught to talk learned all by observation !! Knows what guns do and Loves them !! He LL after he watched me cranking my 1919 he would climb up on the traverse bar and start cranking it wings spread and laughing manically between bursts and adjusting the T&E and he is a good shot at 100 yd !! He has eaten my windows and stairs but Never touched gun wood !!
Bird brain is a misnomer he is about a 7 yr old human = ,Has a sense of humor that could be best termed "Small Evil "
and has a girls name just like Capt Max`s girl has a boy`s name !!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Feels good to know I’m not alone. Not injuries, those happen. “Absurd stupidities”.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Beltfedfrog. You know what they say, “Birds of a feather......”. I thought you were describing my bird until you talked about the guns. I think mine only knows how to clean them. Lol
As far as injuring myself well....let’s just say the older I get the more careful I am. I have enough scars, broken bones, and busted teeth to remind me to always think the job through, use the correct tool, or hire someone if I don’t know what I’m doing. I’m even learning to stop when I catch myself doing something stupid. :D
CaptMax

1 - 10 of 10 Posts