1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if there is a trick to getting tracers to light faster? All the stuff I have found goes 100-150 yards before lighting. I would like it to light right out of the muzzle. I was thinking maybe punching a pin hole through the copper cup might help?

Anyone know of a source of instant light projectiles for .30 cal?

·
BeltFed GURU
4,440 Posts
The reason they do not light on exit is there is a delay as part of the pellet , pin holing is used with "cold" powders to get ignition but i bet if you bypass the delay by micro drilling with a .020" drill .010" or so depth they will light on exit :D .

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
There is an old adage "tracers work both ways" the delay in ignition is to help conceal the firing position and to help prevent night blindness of the crew which was already compromised by the muzzle flash. that's the reason for flash hiders

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys guys. I will try out the micro drilling and see what I get.

I understand the tactical reason for the delay but when shooting for fun I dont worry about that.
When I am getting the lead out with my MGs the more flash, more bang, more RPMs, and more trace equals more fun. :D

·
Registered
619 Posts
There is an old adage "tracers work both ways" the delay in ignition is to help conceal the firing position and to help prevent night blindness of the crew which was already compromised by the muzzle flash. that's the reason for flash hiders
Unless you load tracers with H335 and shoot it in an HK Kurz G3.
Then ignition is normal but the flash is impressive.
Replay and watch the tracers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ch1MWqL_m4

AZB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts