1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening all, so shot about 200 rounds flawlessly today. And then the trigger wouldn't reset. Upon inspection the adjustment screw came out of the trigger. Is there a spring that goes behind the adjustment screw? I can't get the weapon to reset the trigger properly no matter how far in or out the screw is.

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
And don't forget the lock nut that keeps the screw from backing out in the first place.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, here is a modified picture of what I'm talking about. My trigger has a alen head screw that screws into this part of the trigger. What's it for? The one on mine completley backed out and now I can't get the trigger to reset when I dry fire it (pull trigger, keep trigger pulled while I cycle the bolt, and try to squeeze the trigger again. Nothing) Sewing machine Machine Medical equipment

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Happy days, I just pulled the bolt and barrel out. The spring was in the box. I re-adjusted both screws by trial and error. I now have good trigger reset again. BUT I still don't know the job of both screws. What is their purpose?

·
Premium Member
6,915 Posts
if I am understanding you correctly of the two screws one screw keeps your trigger return spring in place and secure and the nut keeps it locked so it does not loosen during operation and the screw in the back of your trigger keeps that spring in place and holds the trigger together. Does that make sense?

·
Legendary Donor
2,491 Posts
What your referring to is the spring in the disconnector of the trigger itself, the first screw adjusts the tension on the spring, it's normally just screwed in till it contacts the spring, the second screw acts as a lock or jam screw to keep the first one from coming out. I'd uses very small amount of blue loctite on it to help hold it in place or you can call Karma metal products for their advice since they made it. Just don't over tighten the spring as it has to slip over the sear.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
I'm not sure how the trigger tension spring could pop out and be in the bottom of the box if the cover did not come off?

Unless it just forced it's way out past the cover? Loose cover needing attention also?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts