1919 A4 Forums banner

Triming a KMP 70 % side plate.

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Mr.Maim 
#1 ·
I needed to know what needed to be removed from a 70 % KMP side plate. I could not find a DIY so here is what I did. This is not a DIY for a gun build.

After looking at the drawing that Tom sent I had the idea but still some questions ? Put some tools together and had at it.
Tools = hand drill, cut-off wheel and grinder, mini die grinder (pencil ) with a carbide tapered tip.

I wanted to do the hard part first. The charge handle slot and the belt outlet. My other builds this had all ready been done so this was new to me.
So I marked the cuts and then pre-drilled some holes in the slots. Then ran cut off wheel between the holes. After that the long hand work starts. The cut ran down the center of the two slots. That leaves and edge that is about .032" thick that needs to be cut away with the grinder.( My hat if off to Tom's for a great way to do this ! ) I spent about 2 hours trimming and shaping the 2 slots. Take your time . Use cutting oil to help the cuts.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.