1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an excerpt from "Historical Record, Artillery Vehicle Department 1939-1942, Vol I" regarding manufacturing numbers at Rock Island Arsenal. There are several volumes to this "Record" that include manufacturing photos and tallys of what was manufactured during WWII. I thought folks here may find it interesting. This is from July 1, 1939 to October 31, 1942, Inclusive. A total of 14,157 tripod mounts were manufactured during that period at Rock Island Arsenal.

I have an excerpt of the report regarding BMG .30 cal manufacture during that time. Any interest in that being posted here on the forum?

Gatekeeper

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Here is an excerpt from "Historical Record, Artillery Vehicle Department 1939-1942, Vol I" regarding manufacturing numbers at Rock Island Arsenal. There are several volumes to this "Record" that include manufacturing photos and tallys of what was manufactured during WWII. I thought folks here may find it interesting. This is from July 1, 1939 to October 31, 1942, Inclusive. A total of 14,157 tripod mounts were manufactured during that period at Rock Island Arsenal.

I have an excerpt of the report regarding BMG .30 cal manufacture during that time. Any interest in that being posted here on the forum?

Gatekeeper
I would sure be interested.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which Thread?

kkkriverrats
Which thread do you think the bmg manuf info should go? Misc Firearms? Open Talk? I have only just started wading through this huge report. We have seen it before (you and I) this is just a consolidation of info.

GK

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
My DEWAT '17A1 came with an RIA tripod dated 1940.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
I would drop it in full auto 1919a4. Nice seeing the experimental tripod numbers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts