1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry that I am asking this, but I am new to building semi-auto 1919A4.

I have built all sorts of rifles, but how do you all get the holes to line up to get your rivets threw to the Left Side Plate. They are very very close, but not close enough. Just enough that you can't get them threw.

Any advice would be appreciate the "novice" builder,

Matt

·
Registered
730 Posts
Are you working with a 100% RSP? Is the LSP original or new MFG? I assume you are talking about the forward top plate rivet and trunnion rivets?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am talking about the rivet holes that join the LSP to the bottom plate. There 8 of them and it is an original plate. You can see holes are almost there, but not put the rivet through.

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
Do you have a 3/16 reamer? If not you could just drill them with a fresh 3/16" bit but do one at a time and go slow as to not open the holes up any more than necessary it may just be some small burrs or dings but if both parts are original they should line up ok so take one more look at it.

·
Premium Member
6,213 Posts
If you have a couple tapered punches or awls that will fit the holes try one in the first hole and one in the rear and see if they will help line things up enough to get a few rivets in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts