1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in my truck the other day, and had no power in my drivers side front door. No locks, no windows, no heated seats, no power windows. All other doors work. Any ideas?

Truck is a 2006 Chevy 2500HD LBZ.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Not sure about the chevy but a friend's ford explorer blew a micro processor in the instrument cluster and she lost about a half a dozen things. Solution was a used cluster from a junk yard but not just any cluster it had to be from the same production period. Nice huh? KevinT

·
Registered
317 Posts
Get a wiring schematic for your vehicle and examine the affected circuits from the load working back toward the source to determine the common connector (fuse, connector or other) that feeds all of the loads that don't have current. You can find good schematics on line and will save you a lot of diagnostic time.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I had a similar thing happen in my f150 a few years ago. No power/heated seats and the power mirrors wouldn't work. It ended up being a corroded splice under the floor trim near the fuse panel. Luckily it was a fairly common issue and people had already done the troubleshooting. Look on some chevy truck forums, maybe someone has seen it before. Also a good electrical shop manual goes a long way for issues like this on these newer vehicles, they can be had on ebay pretty cheaply.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We'll guys, it ended up being the wire harness under the buttons. Picked up a new one on eBay for $65 and everything is back to normal!

·
Registered
350 Posts
We'll guys, it ended up being the wire harness under the buttons. Picked up a new one on eBay for $65 and everything is back to normal!
Glad figured it out :)

Doing electrical work, usually simple solutions to annoying problems.

Busy making a wiring harness for my 2014 ford f150 to replace my radio with navigation touch screen and back up camera ect all while retaining ford sync ect. So many damn wires compared to 90s cars. Saturday will see how many grey hairs I gain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts