1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a cheap Turkish Hotchkiss M1922 kit in 8mm Mauser.
It is a complete kit minus feed strips.

I see quite a few 7.7Jap and 8mm Lebel on the market but I believe the 8MM Mauser is a different shape and may be flexible? "Export Model" was the term I've seen.
Looking to buy a handful if they can be found.
Thanks for the help.
Mark

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
You will be looking for the 15rnd strip below.
If you are lucky the strips can be found on old cases of Turk 8mm ammo. Notice in the second picture that the top of the the strip (right) is flat and the top of the other strip (left) is cut so the portatives can eject them. Both of these strips function in a Portative, but the flat tops don’t eject from the gun without help. In your M1922, the top pictured strip are correct and will function properly, the Portative strips may or may not be reliable. My friends M1922 does not run anything reliable except the flat top 15 rnd strips. This is not gospel talk here, it is just my own experience. Condition of the gun, ammo and parts have a lot to do with this.
Musical instrument Finger Engineering Font Metal
Yo
Product Engineering Wood Gas Font

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
The articulated (flexible) belts look like this. Also Turkish for 8mm, but I’m not completely sure if they are for the M1922 or for the Portative. I’ve never tried them in an M1922 but they work fine in a Portative.
Rectangle Wood Road surface Font Line
Wood Font Rectangle Pattern Flooring

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That explains why they are hard to find. I figured being in 8MM Mauser the strips would be everywhere.
Flat tops were factory cut that way or field mod?
The articulated strips look well made, may just be luck to find one.
Thanks for the info, looks like it may be a scavenger hunt
Mark

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Anything Hotchkiss related is a scavenger hunt now.
The flat top 15 rnd strips are factory made for the M1922. Mark, if you come across a set of bipod legs for the M1922 please let me know. Please.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.