1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the procedure for getting tutorials posted on this site? I see we actually have only two at present.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Good question. So far as I know, Rory and Dark Star are the ones who would have to handle that. I am sure they would be open to more useful tutorials. We used to have more stuff like that, but it's been lost over the years of upgrades, or just become outdated.

·
Registered
883 Posts
We'd love a new tutorial... Send me a pm or email me via the webmaster email address and we will figure something out.

Richard

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sent a PM but don't know how to find "webmaster" I am, semi literate in these matters. If you can send me an email address via PM I will try to send the article by email. It may be too large for email. In the past I have sent stuff via "file mail" but the last few times I tried I got a message that it was sent successfully but it was not.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the Dark Star Adminstrator member page: http://1919a4.com/member.php?1-DarkStar-Admin

I assume he means for you to contact him through this ID.
yes I did try that and it got me back to about the same place I was in under notifications where I sent the PM from. I don't know if he checks his PMs or only just what he gets in the above address.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Hmm. There is the Contact Us link at the very bottom of the webpage, with an e-mail form to send from. Maybe that will get to him???? :help:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lucy, I sent a PM too Rory and he seemed to think you were in charge of that My PM to DarkStar has never been answered. People tell me to send an email but nobody gives me an email address it send to. Am I missing something here.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Lucky, I sent a PM too Rory and he seemed to think you were in charge of that My PM to DarkStar has never been answered. People tell me to send an email but nobody gives me an email address it send to. Am I missing something here.
Well, I looked at what authority I have and it seems that, on the Tech Forum here, apparently I CAN stick a thread. Sorry, that's never come up before. I have no abilities on the other forums, just at Tech. So.... fire away, Armorer. Post what you have and I'll click the appropriate buttons and see if it sticks!

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I looked at what authority I have and it seems that, on the Tech Forum here, apparently I CAN stick a thread. Sorry, that's never come up before. I have no abilities on the other forums, just at Tech. So.... fire away, Armorer. Post what you have and I'll click the appropriate buttons and see if it sticks!
Actually that is the problem. Trying to post that is. There is no way to post directly to the articles site and I cannot post it to this forum site as it is a "word document" and this site will not accept them as attachments (I have tried before). As a matter of fact a few days ago I tried to post a photo to help a guy out and the site wouldn't even accept that. I could send an email to an individual but that is about it. But I don't have anybodies email address. The only other option is to put it on a CD and mail it to someone.

I went to the site administrators site and sent a email message but there is no place on that site to attach anything either. I am beginning to see why there are so few articles.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Actually that is the problem. Trying to post that is. There is no way to post directly to the articles site and I cannot post it to this forum site as it is a "word document" and this site will not accept them as attachments (I have tried before). As a matter of fact a few days ago I tried to post a photo to help a guy out and the site wouldn't even accept that. I could send an email to an individual but that is about it. But I don't have anybodies email address. The only other option is to put it on a CD and mail it to someone.

I went to the site administrators site and sent a email message but there is no place on that site to attach anything either. I am beginning to see why there are so few articles.
So, is it possible to copy and past the text of the article into this field, starting a new thread? As to pictures, if there are any, I think those can be copied and saved out of a Word doc. At that point, they could be hosted on photobucket or similar site and added into the appropriate place in the text of the article. Rather cumbersome, no doubt, but perhaps that would get the job done? If you want to e-mail me the piece, I will see if I can make that work. rollin13 AT juno DOT com

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
So, is it possible to copy and past the text of the article into this field, starting a new thread? As to pictures, if there are any, I think those can be copied and saved out of a Word doc. At that point, they could be hosted on photobucket or similar site and added into the appropriate place in the text of the article. Rather cumbersome, no doubt, but perhaps that would get the job done? If you want to e-mail me the piece, I will see if I can make that work. rollin13 AT juno DOT com

I tried sending an email with a copy of the article to the address (rollin13 AT juno DOT com) . Is that exactly how it should appear? My computer (gmail) keeps telling me it does not appear to be a valid email address and of course refuses to send. By the way my email is no longer at AOL. It is (deleted)

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
Tom, sorry. I had typed that in coded fashion. It has become common to do that on public forums, because there are digital spy bots that can read proper e-mail addresses and then send spam, or worse. I am sending a direct e-mail off to you right now. -Rollin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts