1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,029 Posts
....head stamp date...?

If this was either a reload or NOS military dated after 1995...I'd like to know. I have made it a practice not to reload any .50 BMG brass dated after 1995.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once I got it out I didn't look at the head stamp,it's at work but I will tomorrow!
I know it's not old brass, well 98% sure bad thing is If is a reload I did it!!
Could it be headspace???

·
Registered
499 Posts
That is unfortunate. Were you able to salvage the day by using a broken shell extractor? I've had that happen before and although it's a PIA a broken shell extractor makes short work of it. Usually it's from brass that's stretched and thinned but, I've also had it happen to NEW brass as well.

When reloading you really need to visually look inside the cases and do the dental pick test ...if it catches on anything inside the case discard it.

Frank

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah started up at 10 by the first break it was done for!! Had the crank on there wearing out a dodge Dakota!!! Think click click!!! Gonna have to get me a case extracter

·
Registered
499 Posts
I never go to a shoot without one. Nearly everybody at our shoots has them for just this reason. There are two kinds the bullet type and the lever type. I've had to use both at different times, they are well worth the few bucks you pay for them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I never go to a shoot without one. Nearly everybody at our shoots has them for just this reason. There are two kinds the bullet type and the lever type. I've had to use both at different times, they are well worth the few bucks you pay for them.
Not one Frank, a minimum of two. If you only have one you won't be able to find it in the range bag - ask me how I know......:help:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First time it's ever happened
Got lucky case came out with the live one

Best place to get a extracter?????

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Nah started up at 10 by the first break it was done for!! Had the crank on there wearing out a dodge Dakota!!! Think click click!!! Gonna have to get me a case extracter
Shoot me a PM or a text (I lost your #) . Ive got a case extractor for you. Ill need your address again.

But PROMISE me you will brush up on headspace and timing procedures.......

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will do Scott
It was either that or bad reload!!!
I know it was a reload 99% sure it was mine we where shooting a mix of stuff that day
After I got it out rechecked h/s seemed like might have been out one to many clicks
If I remember correctly when I got it ,it was 2 clicks last big shoot it took 3

It was lake city 13 brass

1 - 16 of 16 Posts