1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All this just doesn't fill right IS something Else going on??????????

1 Why John Boehner Speaker of the House quit 1 Day After he meet the POPE no other signs before this.
2 He gave up BOTH the Speaker and his seat in the House {getting out all the way out of congress}

3 Shell Oil stops Arctic drilling After vary shot time of drilling.

Is there some thing else going on?????

What's your thoughts on these things?????

I do not think Im a nut

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
There is always more to the story. It will come out over time.

This has been a long time in coming. I think the decision was made some time ago but he stayed so the Pope could be greeted without a lot of turmoil.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
I'm not a Catholic, although I used to act like one in a parochial grade school, but I suspect that a few moments alone with the pope brings on introspection about "what have I really accomplished in this world", and "is there any point in beating my head against this wall any longer?" That was Boehner's explanation and it is entirely plausible.

Regardless of how you feel about Boehner, he sought, achieved and retained a very tough job. Trey Gowdy put it best when he was asked a day or so ago if he was going to put his name up for speaker (paraphrasing), "Hell, no!" "If I wanted to run an insane asylum I would have gone into that line of work." :rofl:

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Was sad to hear Trey Gowdy decline. They say Boehner wound up staying a year longer than he intended to. I agree about the year longer.....

·
Premium Member
2,634 Posts
Separate event. I was reading about Shell's Artic drilling in the FT yesterday. There just wasn't as much oil there as previously thought. They couldn't justify spending the additional billions it would cost to develop the infrastructure required to recover and transport a limited find, particularly in the current pricing environment. It just wasn't worth it. Taking a $6 - $8 Bil write-off hurts, more so with the company's booked reserves in decline, but these things happen.

On a side note, there are some noted solar astronomers that are predicting a mini-ice will begin 2030 - 2040. Several periodical solar cycles are going to simultaneously hit their lows, decreasing solar output enough to matter. Large petroleum recovery projects take years to develop, and are exploited over decades. Offshore artic drilling is predicated on global warming actually happening, and continuing. Who's going to spend billions on a project when there are a bunch of really smart people showing them hard data that there is a very high probability it will all be crushed by ice? Even if this did influence Shell's decision, they couldn't admit it in the current political environment.

·
Registered
847 Posts
The main reason Boehner resigned, is because he didn't have enough votes to get re-elected as Leader ! (next year and didn't want to be embarrassed by the lack of votes). He has been the poorest house leader we have ever had in a long time (Worse than Nancy). His problem is that he was and still is a entrenched republican bureaucrat. Most of the people of this country are tired of this crap (We need to get along) - NO we need to fix the problems first, and then maybe we will get along ! He had NO SKILLS to be the Leader of the HOUSE (No different than Nancy Pelosi). He should of quit last year, because he has done NOTHING for people that elected him & the members of the house. His crowning glory is that he brought the POPE to the combined Senate/House. The bad news is that the POPE is a flaming LIBERAL !

Where do you go after than ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts