1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guy,s need some help
i got in these parts, i have been told this is an inner part for some rotary cannon
ore similiar
is anyone out there who reconise these parts..
thanks in advance IMG_3089.JPG IMG_3090.JPG IMG_3089.JPG IMG_3091.JPG
IMG_3090.JPG

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the tube you see is machined on the inside, it,s not a barrel,
all 4 steel pins go right trhu that metal tube, they move up and down also..

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
25 x 137 ammunition has a case approx. 38 mm in diameter, so check the diameter of those scallops. That could make it part of a GAU-22/A (4 barrels), or the feed mechanism of a 25 mm Bushmaster.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just made some extra pictures, this is a mind breaker guy,s
i can only hope some one can identify this,

thanks IMG_3155.JPG IMG_3156.JPG IMG_3157.JPG

·
Registered
189 Posts
I wonder if it could be more the power feed for a gun pod? I was trying to work out what part it could be but I can’t. If it was feed mech I would expect to see better support for the round and more positions. In my experience the part it resembles in the feed is usually locked into the rotating breech by the splines shown in the photo. If that’s the case, 4 chambers isn’t many, I’d expect 5 at least.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just made a picture of the packing, the NSN only tells me it,s a gun part, dont know iff anyone can dig into this further..
see pic,s 20200611_rot1.jpg 20200611_rot2.jpg

·
Registered
189 Posts
Does that label translate to star head left something? Could be a switchable feed part but not like I’ve seen before. I can only think it’s part of the gun pod so maybe a mirage jet cannon pod? DEFRA?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts