only have these 2 pic,s for now, suppose to get this one in later this week
does anyone has a clue for what gun ore vehicle this is
never have seen the bycicle handles on a cradle before
thanks, john.

Gun Airsoft Machine gun Airsoft gun Airsoft Games

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Not MG3 since the gun that mounts on that cradle can't have a pistol grip. Trigger actuating dogleg appears to move sideways for mounting the gun and then it is moved back so the dogleg crosses the trigger. Front mount looks incomplete. Four prong handle ar rear appears to be cross pin for rear mount. Left feed,and a side eject gun.
Any stamps, ID of maker stamps, etc?
Pintle looks Browning.
Very unique mount apparently for vehicle coax use.
Never seen one like it before.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i myself also never seen something like this, thats why i posted it
courier service is sceduled for delivery coming thuesday
i wil inspect closely to see iff i can find any markings
i got it from a vehicly guy who,s totally not into this stuff, appearently he got this together with some engine parts he
found, he could not tell me either what it was used for
wil keep you updated
and... i wil proberly put it up for sale, because altough it,s a cradle of some sort, i dont see the pint of stashing it away
here and let it catch dust for the next years..

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Whatever it is...I Like It...How Much?

·
Premium Member
6,939 Posts
John you certainly do find the coolest stuff over there thanks for sharing the pictures with us since we love the odd stuff so much. I have no clue what that is and have not seen anything like it before so I can't wait to hear what it is.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
thanks Russ, well i,m doing my best in finding MG related stuff overhere
for george W and slugcatcher, i noticed a few points of similarity regarding that modern MG tank cradle, like the connection point upfront and the knobwheel at the rear, but this design has just one single "tube" as a base, while the modern one has two smaller one,s
this one also has some sort of ammobox holder at the left side, and instead of the mounting plate used on the modern one, this one seems to have some sort of pintle at the bottom
delivery by courier is set for today, so i hope to check it out when it arrives and see iff i can find any kind of markings on it,
for now i think we can assume it for the german MG, but witch exact model and what vehicle we stil need to figgure out.

for GeorgeW : the mount you refered to is know as : vehicle cradle for MG3 MG42 and MG53

Maschinengewehraufnahme zum Einbau in gepanzerte Fahrzeuge oder auch LKW, Unimog, Hubschrauber

Gewicht ca.11 Kg

used in tanks, armoured vehicles, en even helicopters. i even might have a lead to a few of these, most dealers dont have these on stock for several years, all sold out , i might even can get my hands on some NOS one,s but because the weight is 11 kilo,s shipping wont be cheap either.

UPDATE... JUST RECIVED THE CRADLE, THIS IS GETTING INTERESTING BY THE MINUTE, THE PINTLE IS EXACT THE SAME SIZE AS ON A 1917a1
AND OTHERS, I I HAVE FITTED IT INTO A 1917 TRIPOD, WORKS PERFECT, I ALSO FITTED IT INTO A m1AA PINTLE SOCKET, WORKS FINE ALSO

so this mean this is a complete set up to use on various US made pintle sockets, so shooting an german MG from standard US tripod ore pintle sockets
check out the extra pic,s i just made...
when interested in this feel free to send me an offer....

Auto part Machine Machine tool Automotive engine part Engine Auto part Pipe Metal Hardware accessory Engine Auto part Machine Automotive engine part Toolroom Auto part Metal Auto part Machine Machine tool Tool accessory Carburetor Auto part Family car

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
....Maybe...?

Very cool,John. Looks like it is an early shock absorber mount for either the 1917 or 1919 guns. Could not be for Vickers,as it is for a left-hand feed weapon. Could it be a tank mount...? Might it also be for a .50BMG...? Looks beefy enough...

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Len, it sure is beefy... just checked the weight, it,s between 24 and 25 kilo
so thats over 50 Lbs, when i,m right
so shipping this bad boy would be about $ 175.-
keep this in mind when you shoot me an offer...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts