1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just felt like popping a few rounds off of the deck. Sooooo, I did. I have never blasted and parked this gun. I made the tripod from scratch a year or two ago. I got a deal on a .50 T&E, so I slid a piece of 3/4 EMT over the original traverse bar. The .50 T&E works on that pretty good. One of these days....I'll blast and park it, and I'll probably turn a 1" traverse bar for this T&E. Until then....no shame...I still shoot it. Don't know why I felt the need to post a pic and share that, but here it is!

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Took ya long enough.:tongue:
They don't need to be pretty. They only need to work. I can see by the brass under the gun that it does indeed fire. Good work!!:)

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Looks like either the barrel cleared the cross member board or you turned the gun for the picture. :)

At least I don't SEE any bullet holes in it. :D

Tripod and gun look good to me.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Momma won't be happy...

Yeah....you had your fun. But the powder burns on the deck wood will not make momma happy. Has she seen them yet..?....LOL.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Looks like either the barrel cleared the cross member board or you turned the gun for the picture. :)

At least I don't SEE any bullet holes in it. :D

Look closer at the top of the bottom board. Oops!:eek: A little smoky there.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took ya long enough.:tongue:
They don't need to be pretty. They only need to work. I can see by the brass under the gun that it does indeed fire. Good work!!:)
I have had this finished and firing for a while. I have fired hundreds of rounds through it....sadly...not thousands.

BMG 7.62 A4
No front sight? Like the homebuild look!
I have a front sight but have never installed it. I do not have a front sight screw. I've been meaning to acquire one for a while. Anybody have one they'd part with? This one will look much better when I get around to Parkerizing it, although it will likely never be as pretty as my 1917a1 homebuild.

rugman59
Quote Originally Posted by brassmagnet View Post

Looks like either the barrel cleared the cross member board or you turned the gun for the picture.

At least I don't SEE any bullet holes in it.

Look closer at the top of the bottom board. Oops! A little smoky there. .

Today, 10:26 AM
L999here

Momma won't be happy...
Yeah....you had your fun. But the powder burns on the deck wood will not make momma happy. Has she seen them yet..?....LOL. .

Today, 10:25 AM
brassmagnet

Looks like either the barrel cleared the cross member board or you turned the gun for the picture.

At least I don't SEE any bullet holes in it.
Yeah it cleared the bottom board. I have a range off of the back deck,....mighty convenient. I did notice the powder burn, but only after it was pointed out. My wife has not seen it and will likely not notice it. We have a guy scheduled to pressure wash the house and deck, after that some of that deck paint/restorer. She'll never be the wiser...:confused:
However, it will likely happen again. It was such fun and convenient to boot. I'll just back up a little next time!

Andy

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Kinda brought back memories of my home built tripod and M3HB set up [but NOT fired :eek:] off by deck in the back yard. City residence - not up on the hunting land.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
shooting

At least you were on the deck and didn't just slide open the back door and let go, my wife has gotten use to my around the house blasting but my mother and mother in law call every time I do a night time test! Luckily they are my only neighbors!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts