1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to build a 30 cal 1919 and I was wondering if an american .308 plate is different than the 30 cal ones. I know that the izzy ones are different but I was wondering if I could use an american .308 lsp with the rear sight base for a 30 cal

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've never seen an american 308 plate....the isreali ones are actually modified US plates. We gave them a ton of 1919A4s and they did the research and the mods to insure reliable function with the 308. The mods work with the other calibers we shoot the guns in as well. I've run my guns in 308, 7.65 Argentine, 7mm mauser, 8mm mauser and 30-06 with only the change of the booster, barrel and feedguides. My guns have all had the isreali mods with the wide belt holding pawl, offset finger in the feedpawl and the smaller right side cartridge stop. Can't see any differences in the left plate on original guns....

As for the rear sight base the only difference between the isreali modded sets and the original 30-06 is the sight leaf which is graduated for the different caliber and they welded a strap across the front of the sight base to stop any hangups in the brush.

Frank

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never seen an american 308 plate....the isreali ones are actually modified US plates. We gave them a ton of 1919A4s and they did the research and the mods to insure reliable function with the 308. The mods work with the other calibers we shoot the guns in as well. I've run my guns in 308, 7.65 Argentine, 7mm mauser, 8mm mauser and 30-06 with only the change of the booster, barrel and feedguides. My guns have all had the isreali mods with the wide belt holding pawl, offset finger in the feedpawl and the smaller right side cartridge stop. Can't see any differences in the left plate on original guns....

As for the rear sight base the only difference between the isreali modded sets and the original 30-06 is the sight leaf which is graduated for the different caliber and they welded a strap across the front of the sight base to stop any hangups in the brush.

Frank
Thanks for the advice. The reason why I ask is APEX had 7.62 lhps marked as american which confused me.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Thanks for the advice. The reason why I ask is APEX had 7.62 lhps marked as american which confused me.
They are US plates modified by Israel. With a little work they can be restored to USGI specs. But as noted above, they will function as is and very few will notice, unless you post pics here :rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts