1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents - I'm a bit out of my comfort zone on this. A friend has a USGI National Match 1911A1 for sale and I'm not sure what to offer for it. The frame is a 1945 Ithaca with the correct marks and checkering on the front strap and the slide is a NM Colt. I don't think the barrel and bushing match the frame though (the guy is checking it tonight - they are supposed to be electro-pencilled the last 4 of the serial # on some of the parts) although they are National Match marked. If it's not all correct what would it be worth? I'm thinking not much than a standard 1911A1. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
It is the hand fitting of the parts that make a NM a NM . If it's a thrown together mismatch it is no longer a NM .I think it would be worth far less than a matching GI in equal condition .
Chris

·
Registered
86 Posts
The 1911A1 NM can bring a significant premium. They also can be difficult to validate from what I’ve seen. Certainly a niche in the USGI 1911 world. I’d take the time to post a thread on the 1911 Forum about. The guys there are awesome and would answer your questions quickly. I’m sure they will ask you for pictures

1 - 3 of 3 Posts