1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is on of these on gunbroker...Can anybody advise what its worth...I have seen many of the "uncut" ones for sale for over a thousand. Wasn't sure how much work was involved and how much the parts would be.

·
Banned
896 Posts
demilled 1917 tripods

Not to dissuade you but the ones sarco has came from Nesard in the mid 1980's-- These were brand new or in excellent condition before they were cut up. There are several parts that were availiable NOS at the time; now those parts have been used up long ago. The yoke is a real problem to reweld most are brass-- Legs are a big problem also -- seems like they warp when welding-- Have a go at it; but to me the cost of welding machining and refinishing is too much and sometimes you see rewelds for sale for around $650.00 or less-- I saw it also; would rather buy another nice 1919 A4 tripod than that mess. IMHO.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I need one for a pedistal mount for a Recoilless on a Jeep

Its really not all that convienient to fire such a large gun so close to the ground off a M2 Tripod.... have one... All of the manuals recommend a 1917 mount on a pedistal to bolt to a M38A1C Jeepers.

Destiny

·
Registered
662 Posts
Not all that long ago there was a 1917 tripod, uncut in excellent condition for $1,000 on this board. I saw it too late but i'd rather look for a deal like that than re-weld - lots of work.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Ohio Ordnance has lots of them.....in stock...Excellent Condition......never cut....$995.00

1 - 8 of 8 Posts