1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have the oportunity to buy a complete mg81z parts kit and i am wondering what would something like this go for? I could not find any sales of any to get an idea. I would be getting this to resell or trade for other stuff so i dont want to overpay i just would like to be fair. Thanks for any help, dan

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
What condition is the barrel? Receiver parts included? Saw cut, torched? How many pieces? Bolts, feed trays, feed "trumpets", barrels, cocking handle assemblies, feed parts and other small parts are in extremely short supply and are very pricey when found. Value will be well over $5k to the right person depending on answers to the above......

Bob Naess

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bob. I have not seen it yet and i know condition means a lot. I was told the receiver is cut in three pieces(not sure how) and the condition of parts is very good. I am not sure on the rest. I know very little about these guns and dont want to offer too much as i do not have a use for the parts myself. I will know more when i get to see whats all included. Thanks. Dan

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I always find kits like these interesting. The question is who will be buying? A guy making a semi auto out of it? A guy making a Post sample out of it? A guy with a registered one looking for parts?

I find in the first case most parts kits, no matter how rare, top out in the $5K range. No one is likely to put more money than that into a semi. In the second case, I saw a FG42 parts kit go to $10K on GB. I assume it was to make a post sample out of. In the third case, most often these kits go the cheapest because who wants to spend a ton to replace a part or two. However in this case the parts are so hard to find, they might look at it as insurance to keep their much more valuable gun shooting.

Its all about finding that right guy! My guess is that the answer to your question will swing $1000s depending on finding that one guy or two right guys and an auction. I could see it as a $3000 kit if no one is overly interested, up to a $10K if you get two people who must have it in an auction? Bob is probably right at about a $5K kit depending on condition.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is my biggest concern, selling it and not losing money on it.Its an odd gun and i dont think there are many papered guns but i could be wrong. Very true if you find two guys that want it and run a bid up high you make out. That is key. It is going to come down to condition and price for me. I would like to make a few bucks to get other stuff I need.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I would have to agree with Bob on this - it really depends on what is with the parts kit. Stripped guns, while not common, are hard to find the needed parts for, ( feed horns and mounts come to mind) and it will really depend on the condition of the barrel, if the bolt is demilled or broken off, all will impact the sell at price. these are pretty cool guns - make sure to get lots of photos and post when available.. Heck - even the links are hard to find nowadays.

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
If you get it and it has a spare booster by chance Rory is searching for one for his, I offered to make one for him but don't want him to take his apart since it is live but should you get it and could find it in your heart to lone just a booster out I would make it worth your time. Russ

·
11,847 Posts
Toolman, I have great news to report!
I received a matching pair of cones for my guns!!!

ok so the original poster... is this a parts kit for an 81z or just an 81? Z is the twin configuration. so is it one gun or two?

some of the parts are more rare than they are expensive. only a few of us out there that own the guns.

I'd be interested in turning it into a post sample if you are looking for a new home for it.

rory

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
If it is a twin set up then that means twice the problems so it should be worth half the price right? :rofl:

·
Premium Member
6,060 Posts
Toolman, I have great news to report!
I received a matching pair of cones for my guns!!!

ok so the original poster... is this a parts kit for an 81z or just an 81? Z is the twin configuration. so is it one gun or two?

some of the parts are more rare than they are expensive. only a few of us out there that own the guns.

I'd be interested in turning it into a post sample if you are looking for a new home for it.

rory
Rory I am glad to hear that I guess can stop looking now lol sounds like you have her complete and ready to go. Russ

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Really looking forward to photos on this. I had an 81z years ago - gorgeous guns, but incomplete mounts, and without the feed horns, good bolts, good barrels, they are just an expensive display. I looked for a year for parts, gave up and sold the gun (s). Dont remember who got them, but I do remember him sending me a photo a few years later of the gun firing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts