1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I personally would paint the tripod head and legs green like it would have originally been. If you wish it to match the gun (distressed look), paint over the rust.

·
Premium Member
6,044 Posts
Is your BA gun a complete BA build? Sorry but I am a bit of a BA addict and had to ask :tongue: how about some close up shots of it. I would restore the tripod myself and go with the motor pool restoration and opposed to factory new if you are going for the vintage look. It takes more work to do but worth it in the end. Russ

·
Premium Member
6,044 Posts
Did he do the rivet profile with my tooling? If so I know the gun and she is a beauty.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I personally think the tripod for the 28 looks farther decayed than the gun. If I was going for a battlefield pickup kind of look I'd want the gun and tripod to look similar in their abuse. Maybe you could restore the tripod and attempt to give it a pain job that looks as if it had been sitting in a muddy trench for the last few months?

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Did he do the rivet profile with my tooling? If so I know the gun and she is a beauty.
Yes Russ, you know this gun. baker72 was the buyer on this one, the first built with your tooling. I think we need to build a few more BA guns, don't you think? A certain pair of twins come to mind. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts