1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents - next project (unless someone has one for sale) will be a Vickers armorers chest. If anyone can get me the interior dimensions I can figure the rest out based on the parts layout inside. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Gents - next project (unless someone has one for sale) will be a Vickers armorers chest. If anyone can get me the interior dimensions I can figure the rest out based on the parts layout inside. Thanks in advance.
I have a one without the partitions installed (lots of projects, so little time) and can dig it out and get you dimensions tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I have a LNIB armorers chest with all the tools and parts. will try to get some photos if you send me a PM with an email.let me know if there is a particular thing you want to see. Have the POL chest too, although that is used.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Redroth & MG08 - just a few interior dimensions and the dimensions of the 3 small parts tins (I do not have any of them yet) for the slots they fit into.

Overall interior width, height and depth of the chest, the width of the partitioned area the feed blocks fit into and the thickness of that partition - the rest looks pretty self explanatory. I started it in CAD but figured I'd get some reference before I go further. I located a number of decent photos and have most of the parts to use as a guide for fit along with a parts inventory.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Redroth & MG08 - just a few interior dimensions and the dimensions of the 3 small parts tins (I do not have any of them yet) for the slots they fit into.

Overall interior width, height and depth of the chest, the width of the partitioned area the feed blocks fit into and the thickness of that partition - the rest looks pretty self explanatory. I started it in CAD but figured I'd get some reference before I go further. I located a number of decent photos and have most of the parts to use as a guide for fit along with a parts inventory.
Hi Dave,
Sent you picture with interior dimensions for the wooden Battalion Spares Box to your work email, the metal boxes each measure:
(LxWxH) 3 3/8" x 1 1/2" (measured at bottom)x 2 1/16". Note top width is slightly wider to accommodate lid, top width is 1 13/16".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts