1919 A4 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Thanks everyone for all the compliments. Ok I finished the rest of the rivets, except the one that I don't have. I then soldered the back or inner side so hopefully this will be watertight when finished. Notice all the tools and such on the bench. I almost used everything I could think of to buck those rivets in the water jacket area of the trunion. Took some time but all done but ONE.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Ok finally made it back been working 12hr days for the last 12 days. Got the last rivet in, then reassembled everything to make sure everything still fits and moves. Good to go.
So I put flux over all the threads and then past solder and screwed the jacket back in place. Heated it up till the solder flowed. Jacket is back on.
It went together way easier than it came apart.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Then I did some clean up and degreasing, taped off what I don't want paint on and primed it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I'm going to paint it tan, I really like the looks of @Mike Duke 's I know @Abominog said Australian guns were green. But this is a post sample and I can always repaint it if I want.
My tripod will be here Thursday. I hope. so maybe a test run next week with some finished pictures and maybe a video. ( If I have time off work ) It should be soon.
Thank's to everyone who has had input on this thread and the help from various members. This is a great forum and I hope posting this will help someone down the road decide to build there kit.
Greg

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Garage. Too. Clean. Where are the 800gm boots, iceboats, shovels, snow tires, etc?

Keep up the great work?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Garage. Too. Clean. Where are the 800gm boots, iceboats, shovels, snow tires, etc?

Keep up the great work?
I don't get much snow in this part of Washington just rain and more rain and yes it's raining today. :rolleyes:
I have too work to keep it that way it is my gunshop now so customers are constantly in it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I thought I’d post up a photo of my Lithgow cutaway Vickers. It’s perhaps the only one left and came direct (through a dealer) to me from Aus.

it has been salvaged of some parts for serviceable guns so is missing the booster and was missing the fusee spring. I need to get a longer adjusting bolt before I can refit the cover as it’s been cut down previously.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Please tell me about the '69 Camaro.
I should have known she'd steal the show, she always does. I'll refer you back a few posts

Discussion Starter • #46 1 mo ago
GUNNER 50 said:
Not to get of topic , But I would like to know more about the Camaro in the backround.
Well I was into building cars before building guns and still have a few. I have had that car since I was 22 so 35years. It started life as a 327 auto base coupe. For the last 20years it has had a 450+hp 427, 700R4 4speed auto, 3.75 12bolt positraction, 4wheel disc brakes, I built it as a Yenko Super Camaro clone its about 95% correct with some unseen added performance goodies. I don't try to pull it off as real (though a lot of people think it is ) it's just the way I like it.
Just finished redoing the interior, All new deluxe black and white hounds tooth.
So now you know where the GBYENKO comes from.

101 - 120 of 157 Posts