1919 A4 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Fantastic build! I made the same type rivet buck (bolt/nut) way back when I built my first 1919a4. Took forever doing one then move and tighten but it's still at the range with its new owner. Question. I thought parts kits couldn't be sent to Washington State? Is it different for a licensed dealer?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Back in '69 I bought a new Z/28 Camaro from Reedman Motors in Langhorne for a total $3250. I sold it to my brother ten years later. I should have kept it.

Reactions: GBYENKO

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Fantastic build! I made the same type rivet buck (bolt/nut) way back when I built my first 1919a4. Took forever doing one then move and tighten but it's still at the range with its new owner. Question. I thought parts kits couldn't be sent to Washington State? Is it different for a licensed dealer?
That's what a lot of people/company's think. The law reads parts that solely
Back in '69 I bought a new Z/28 Camaro from Reedman Motors in Langhorne for a total $3250. I sold it to my brother ten years later. I should have kept it.
Yes you could have added another 0 to that and then doubled maybe tripled that price today

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
I am a 07 FFL with 02 SOT
That's why I got it I couldn't git a lot of parts anymore for my semi-auto beltfed guns. The law says parts used solely in full auto guns ( ie- m16 auto sear, 1919 sear, ak auto sear ) but venders started not selling anything to do with a machine guns. IMA wouldn't sell me a barrel for a sterling even with my SOT.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Your killing me @Mike Duke even though I'm a chevy guy I've always wanted on of those. Beautiful car do you still have it?

·
Registered
191 Posts
RT = Radwick Tramways, the Australian Tripod maker. I like DP and SKN guns, they show the next life of a gun after its original functional life has ended. Often they can be more original that their functioning brothers.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Thanks @brit plumber I do believe it to be a Austrailian Tripod. Though the tripod is marked DP it appears to be completely serviceable. There is a little play in the front pin. Do you know what the red stripes are are for. I plan on taking some detailed pictures of the pod when I get time ( day off ) I will post those on my tripod wanted thread.
Greg

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Ok @brit plumber I posted pictures of the markings on the tripod at the thread

Discussion Starter • #21 a moment ago
Ok pegs weren't cut off they are there. It does have DP marks all over it but it seems plenty serviceable ?? The front mounting pin does have a little play but is not real bad. Here are some pictures of some of the makings, any info would be great also suggestions on why it might have been taken out of Service. What I should check.

Here are some shots of the transit case, all packed up to take shooting tomorrow

·
Registered
191 Posts
The red marks are a DP signifier. The chances are it was made DP because the fine tolerances were worn beyond limits. If you imagine the gun was designed for indirect fire as well as direct fire. You can see why a little ware in any component could cause a huge deviation in the beaten zone 2 miles away. And if your firing over the heads of your own troops, you wouldn’t want those rounds landing short.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
I was think that's what the red marks were. Thanks for the input, you have been great help.
Greg

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Ok got out for a test run ran great no issues didn't skip a beat.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Nice job Greg it looks like she ran like a champ and it looks great in the transit chest!

Reactions: GBYENKO
121 - 140 of 157 Posts