1919 A4 Forums banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Great videos! Kudos.

You have one belt? That's it? I'll give you one but you have to come spend 2 hrs carefully digging through crap to get to it, and it'll take another 2 hours to put all the junk back.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I thought I’d post up a photo of my Lithgow cutaway Vickers. It’s perhaps the only one left and came direct (through a dealer) to me from Aus.

it has been salvaged of some parts for serviceable guns so is missing the booster and was missing the fusee spring. I need to get a longer adjusting bolt before I can refit the cover as it’s been cut down previously.

Nice cutaway Vickers!

It reminded me of these:

DSCN3279.JPG

DSCN3281.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Great videos! Kudos.

You have one belt? That's it? I'll give you one but you have to come spend 2 hrs carefully digging through crap to get to it, and it'll take another 2 hours to put all the junk back.
I plan on running it in 54R. I have 25-250rd belts that will work with the Vickers, 1910 Russian maxim. and RP46.
But I would love to come dig through your stuff :p

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Ok I finished up the 54R conversion, and built myself a Vickers parts box out of an old ammo crate.
Now I need to get some 54R belts loaded up so I can get some shooting in.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I love it when I see people do in a few hours what it takes me a month to do....
Thanks Greg and Mike for making me look bad.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Thank you redroth for the goodies that are in that box and the other couple parts that I couldn't find that you helped me with.
Greg

·
Registered
510 Posts
Greg I just found this thread and spent the whole evening reading and soaking it all up. WOOW ! Yea you will be helping others for sure. And thanks to everyone that offered their help and insight, I've learned alot. You had me nervous as hell when you decided to breakdown the water jacket but everything worked out in concept very smoothly.
I'm very impressed with your skills and seeing the whole package come together after hunting them down.

The one thing I have not heard you mention in the build thread is how you figured out the head space?

Aaron

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Greg I just found this thread and spent the whole evening reading and soaking it all up. WOOW ! Yea you will be helping others for sure. And thanks to everyone that offered their help and insight, I've learned alot. You had me nervous as hell when you decided to breakdown the water jacket but everything worked out in concept very smoothly.
I'm very impressed with your skills and seeing the whole package come together after hunting them down.

The one thing I have not heard you mention in the build thread is how you figured out the head space?

Aaron
Well I've now got the fancy gauge from APEX. But I didn't when I finished it, I just used go-nogo gauges just like on any other gun. I'll have to try the fancy gauge I got.
Glad you enjoyed it. Next is to run it in 54r.
Greg

·
Premium Member
5,481 Posts
Love the parts box Greg I am doing a similar one for the Revelli because the parts seem to multiply when I shut the lights off and close the door? I think loose gun parts are like rabbits!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Thanks Russ, I'm not much of a wood worker using the premade box makes it easy. Yes the parts seam to multiply and then run off and hide. Nothing worse than going shooting and something breaks and you don't have a spare and then you have to pack up your **** and go home. I ordered up some plastic poster tubes for barrel carriers we will see how they work out.
Greg

·
Premium Member
5,481 Posts
Well keep up the good work and keep the pictures coming. It appears you and Mike Duke are neck in neck making us look bad lol I am working on my 1917A1 AA mount and a custom mount for the C12 cradle for the ANM2 but I am still working too many hours to ever get anything done these days. Very frustrating especially since I see you two getting project after project knocked out. I am not sure I will ever complete all the projects I have but I am going to try like heck.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Been working a bit too, when I get a day I'm going to try out the 54R conversion. I think my next project is going to be a SG43 I just bought one of Bowmans kits. I was looking at some of my bren kits but another 54R beltfed would be nice to add especially since they will all use the same belts. 1910 maxim, RP46, Vickers, and SG43.
Greg

141 - 157 of 157 Posts