1919 A4 Forums banner

Vickers Czech lock

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Kentuckyguy 
#1 ·
For all you Vickers fans -

Last year I managed to get my hands on a Czech Vickers lock body in unused condition. The only one I've ever seen is in Dolf book and I knew exactly what it was when I bought it. It is different from a conventional Vickers lock as it uses 2 coil springs rather than the single flat spring to operate the trigger and main springs.
I modelled the parts and had them 3D printed. All but one part fit perfectly and - after modifying the cocking arm - I had it together and functioning in less than 1/2 hr. I used a standard extractor and left the trigger unmodified as I don't see a need for the spring loaded top at this point. The parts are a steel and bronze composition and I do not believe they would hold up well if used in a FA gun - however - I could have them printed from stainless which would. This lock is mostly for reference at this point although I now have the lock body modelled in 3D - it would be possible to have that printed as well. I'm not entirely sold on the 3D accuracy of the holes and required machined surfaces - the small items and surface finish left a little to be desired but this worked out well after I cleaned it all up. If I end up having a lock body made I will locate the holes but final drill them for accuracy.

Wish I was closer to Dolf - I know he'd enjoy seeing it!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
That's really cool! Which parts did you have printed? The spring keeper at the top (for lack of a better term), firing pin, and sear? How did you figure out the springs and spring tension?

Nice work!
The parts I printed were the firing pin, sear, trigger spring plunger and trigger spring keeper in the back. As for the springs I used what I had that was the right OD. Not being for a functional gun meant I could keep them on the light side.

#7 ·
Great job Dave the turn around time on the parts was faster than I thought. I will email Dolf a copy of this thread because I know he would love to see it. Remind me to bring the two Chinese Maxim locks up to show you on the next trip.

Reactions: Outdoordave
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.