1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
I’d vote Vickers with the broad arrow but I’m not sure. I’d be interested if you are selling it (I’m not sure what they go for). It would be an improvement over what I use for a funnel now

·
Registered
366 Posts
I use plastic funnel from harbor freight.. works great! Haha
I have seen that style of funnel advertised as a Vicker funnel. Others can confirm.. price..Last ones I saw were sub $100

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Does that say "2.95 INCH" ?

Powder funnel?

In any event, I don't believe it is for the Vickers. I believe the Vickers leather funnels all had a metal spout/nozzle that was affixed to the leather funnel. That leather spout/nozzle would get chewed up pretty quickly if inserted into the fill hole of a Vickers water jacket.

Paging @redroth . Redroth to the white courtesy phone please....

·
Registered
7,799 Posts
Since it was stated that there was a brass/copper tube inside the leather of the funnel tube,it does not seem out of the ordinary that with use the leather was prone to damage,especially during combat. Therefore,because there was likely to be haste in filling the water jacket,a bend in the brass/copper tube might have been thought to be a better modification on the later funnels and eliminate the leather covering.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts