1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted about these before & Bob N. volunteered to do a modification on them for me......... I didnt follow through on that. More than one reason, Donnas leg is still problematic, recently found bone spurs & the end of the amputated bone looks to be porous, sponge-like in appearance instead of the hard crust-like covering it should have. I am afraid there are more surgeries in her future. Nothing good here..

I examined the scratch mark on the inside of the extractor made by the firing pin tip..........concluded the length of the scratch suggested that the sear lost it grip on the firing pin long before any of the parts came close to being in the correct relationship for normal firing. All the sears & mating surfaces on the firing pins I have are all noticeably worn, somewhat rounded where they should be sharp & square. None were. On a previous occasion, I had Barry to touch these surfaces with an end mill to re-square them in my 8mm locks. All work perfectly since. I have some picts. if requested. So.........I took all the remaining salvagable parts I have to him to do the same. I have had some trouble with my arthritic hands getting the 303 locks back together. Have come up with a tapered tool the correct diameter to ease that situation but have yet to assemble them. I will have to get cracking as I am supposed to supply mounted guns for the big church camping event in July.

Due to concerns for Donnas situation, I dont seem to be able to maintain the interest in this stuff as I once did.

And, by the way, there is a tentative test loosely scheduled in June for as many as 3 MG 81z firings at our southern Ohio farm in June. That & .303 BREN testing of ammo supply I recently found here. Any who would like to attend or even bring your own guns to play with, lemme know & I will keep you posted as to the definitive date. Casual targets on a relatively short range (golf balls for machine guns???!!!)...........or, if after hay making, 110meters into a pond. Wives/children welcome, Donna seems to able to talk shop with anyone!!!

PJH

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
June play date

Let Kath and I know when you're going to test. If possible, we'll try to make it.

Rich and Kath

1 - 2 of 2 Posts