1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Is this the same one that was on ebay for a long time ? this one looks pretty much like a complete rebuild project.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Is this the same one that was on ebay for a long time ? this one looks pretty much like a complete rebuild project.
Not mine - Yes this has been on both eBay and Craigslist off and on for over a year. Obviously needs a lot of wood work but seems reasonably complete and certainly good for parts. Owner seems to be a fair individual. It is about 20 miles from me as the crow flies. I used to own a woody station wagon, will never restore another piece of wood again.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
#2464 Vikers cart

Yep...it's a real early 1917 cart. All the wood is dry-rot...even the wood wheels. And the wheels have been replaced. The early carts...from about ending #109,000...had 8-felly wheels. After 1925,the military changed to 2-felly wheels...just like the Amish use today. I contacted the owner and advised about the cart,in that one of the pole frames was missing. Apparently,they do not understand that this cart is totally destroyed and needs every piece of wood replaced. I offered $400.00 if they would take the wheels off,place it on a 48"x48" skid and truck-ship at cost. They would not answer my email. It was on ebay for $1,800.00 for over 3-mo. and not a single bid. Even at $800.00 its not worth it. The 8-felly wheels have about $145.00 worth of oak spokes and felly's that need to be replaced. Just rebuilt 15-wheels I got from Hayes...it ain't easy to do.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
Cart cost.....

What are these really worth?
My apologies...should have answered the immediate question. IF the cart is as-issued from the crate....$3,000.00-$3,500.00 FOR A GUN CART. That would include the gun box and metal tool box. An ammo cart...$3,500.00-$4,000.00 and would include the 2-wood tool boxes. Since I have the only 2-spare gun carts known,....no price available.

If someone has taken the time and effort to equip,say...the ammo cart,a price of $5,500.00 would barely cover that cost. A gun cart that contains a semi-auto gun,...Vickers,add about another $6K. Browning 1917,add another $5,5500.00.

Just for clarity...it took me 2-yrs to outfit a complete ammo cart with all the equipment as-issued in WW1. Gun cart took over a year to do the same....without the gun.

·
Registered
696 Posts
My apologies...should have answered the immediate question. IF the cart is as-issued from the crate....$3,000.00-$3,500.00 FOR A GUN CART. That would include the gun box and metal tool box. An ammo cart...$3,500.00-$4,000.00 and would include the 2-wood tool boxes. Since I have the only 2-spare gun carts known,....no price available.

If someone has taken the time and effort to equip,say...the ammo cart,a price of $5,500.00 would barely cover that cost. A gun cart that contains a semi-auto gun,...Vickers,add about another $6K. Browning 1917,add another $5,5500.00.

Just for clarity...it took me 2-yrs to outfit a complete ammo cart with all the equipment as-issued in WW1. Gun cart took over a year to do the same....without the gun.

Thanks for the schooling!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts